What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

JD Air Grab Handles

RV7Guy

Well Known Member
The long awaited JD Air Grab handles are now available for Side by Side Slider canopy RV's. (RV 8 version is coming).

The handles were a challenge to machine due to the dual radius. The end result is fantastic. These are not drawer pull caliber handles. These are sturdy, easy to install and great looking. Available in natural aluminum and red anodized.

The kit will come with a 3D printed drill guide, the handles and hardware. Easy install on flying aircraft or those under construction.

Both available and ready to ship.

https://www.jdair.com/slider-canopy-grab-handles/

Do you have a picture of the installed grab handles? Trying to picture where these are to be located. Does it restrict visibility? -Or pose a possible head bumper?

Oops, OK. I see the pictures now. Thanks. They look nice. I’ll have to take a look at my RV6 tomorrow to see how much room I have for it - without hanging so low as to cause a problem for me.

Last edited:
Darwin, the handles look great! I just placed an order for the red ones....

Looking forward to receiving and installing!

John

Not a problem

Do you have a picture of the installed grab handles? Trying to picture where these are to be located. Does it restrict visibility? -Or pose a possible head bumper?

Oops, OK. I see the pictures now. Thanks. They look nice. I’ll have to take a look at my RV6 tomorrow to see how much room I have for it - without hanging so low as to cause a problem for me.

Hi Scott,

They extend back more than down. Shouldn't be a problem

Back