What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Matt Dralle

rleffler

Well Known Member
Many know Matt due to his Matronics mailing lists or his Mykitlog.com website and Kitlog build tracking application.

Regrettably, Matt had a stroke earlier in the week. I'm posting this on VAF because to minimize any potential hate mail sent his direction for lack of responsiveness in supporting these products. Unfortunately it's going to be awhile before he will be able to respond to any inquiries.

Matt needs our prayers as he recovers. The following was posted to his FB page last night.

Matt Update: He is responding to comments being made by squeezing Katie's hand and he was able to answer his age by using his one hand. All early indicators are that he is doing ok.

Katie sends her thanks for the prayers and that they are definitely helping.

This will be my last update for tonight

Bob,
I remember Matt from his Matronics lists. Glad to hear he's doing better. Prayers on the way.

Get Well Soon, Matt!

Prayers for our fallen brother

Matt is one of the truly good guys. Let's all pause and ask the Good Lord to restore him to his (and our) family.

Wow... I was watching his latest youtube videos only yesterday. Wow...
Matt's build logs and videos helped keep me sane during the many years I had to wait before I started building. My hopes and prayers are being sent... truly wishing for a full recovery.

Thank you for the update, Bob. Being about the same age as Matt, and in the same industry, my thoughts and prayers are magnified into sharp relief. I’m grateful the early indicators are positive, and wish Matt a speedy recovery. Prayers being sent.

Last edited:
Prayers are with matt and his extended family. Having been in a situation myself, I can certainly feel for him, and say that prayers work.
Get well Matt--
Tom

Matt's Pre-VAF, Matronics RV-List internet board kept us early builds in the loop.

Best to you Matt and wishing you a speedy recovery.

That's hitting a little close to home. I think I'll go ahead and let my doctor put me on the cholesterol meds she's been wanting to give me for a while now.

Thanks for the posting. My KitLog has been down and I was getting no help from him to get back up, this explains it all.
Here is hope that he recovers quickly and can resume his previous lifestyle.

How terrible

He is certainly one of the stalwarts in this industry. Glad to hear there is some good progress.

Vic

Just saw Bob's post. Wow, sending thoughts and prays your way Matt. I've used his app during my Windows days, sought answers from your RV7 lists and have watched your videos with "that's how you do that" perspective. Hoping for your speedy recovery.

Good guy

Matt is one of the good guys. I'm sure he'll be reading this as soon as he can.

Hang in there Matt. We've got your 6.

That's hitting a little close to home. I think I'll go ahead and let my doctor put me on the cholesterol meds she's been wanting to give me for a while now.

Educate yourself on cholesterol, the good and the bad.... Food and exercise. It is NOT a magic pill and creates other problems later on in life.

Prayers and wishes to Matt

Matt was always there and willing to help whenever I had issues with building my aircraft or recovering my Kitlog files. I heavily referenced his well documented builder's log of the building of his first RV-8. His workmanship and photo documentation is outstanding and his enthusiasm for building is infectious to me.

Best wishes and prayers for a full and speedy recovery Matt.

An update from Kaitie this morning posted on FB.

Hello Family and Friends,

I was waiting to post something when I felt like I'd have mental clarity and be able to properly communicate but I fear that may not come. As many of you know my love, Matt has had a stroke. Matt is the most wonderful man and I love him with all my heart. I could use a thousand words to start to explain how amazing he is but those who know him know this so well. Today, January 1st, I ask for you all to commit to pray for Matt Dralle every day. The road ahead is unknown and long but Matt is so strong and his support of friends and family is far and wide. So many miracles have happened along the way from the moment Matt felt the first TIA being caught and help being called to his amazing speech therapist catching the larger stroke the moment it happened, to his incredible Surgeon and Doctors and Nurses. Tim Brandt is helping me so greatly updating the medical updates to the Facebook family so I can focus on Matt. The hospital is wonderful and they specialize in stroke trauma which is why Matt was brought here. This morning started at 4:00am with some procedures and Matt is resting comfortably now. As I sat on my bed nearby I was crying and Matt's morning nurse came in and sweetly said, "it's ok, it will be ok!" I quickly told him, "I'm ok my prayer chain is sleeping and soon I'll feel all those prayers and Gods strength again!" At that very moment a friend of Matt's (an RV8 friend) pinged a message of support and encouragement to me. That's God!! Matt's night nurse is a believer too and said he will always have Matt on his prayer list. Matt's night nurse is also a believer who gives out hugs!! God is so good!

Today we pray he remains stable and the breathing tube can be removed. More evidence of left side movement would be wonderful as well. He can definitely feel on the left side and they are confident movement is going to grow. Thank you so much for the love, support, and prayers. Please pray for Matt's Mom, Iola and his family. Matt will be joking and laughing so soon! If I can figure out how I'll add one of my favorites pictures below because it shows our joy.

With love,
Katie

An update from Kaitie this morning posted on FB.

Hello Family and Friends,

I was waiting to post something when I felt like I'd have mental clarity and be able to properly communicate but I fear that may not come. As many of you know my love, Matt has had a stroke. Matt is the most wonderful man and I love him with all my heart. I could use a thousand words to start to explain how amazing he is but those who know him know this so well. Today, January 1st, I ask for you all to commit to pray for Matt Dralle every day. The road ahead is unknown and long but Matt is so strong and his support of friends and family is far and wide. So many miracles have happened along the way from the moment Matt felt the first TIA being caught and help being called to his amazing speech therapist catching the larger stroke the moment it happened, to his incredible Surgeon and Doctors and Nurses. Tim Brandt is helping me so greatly updating the medical updates to the Facebook family so I can focus on Matt. The hospital is wonderful and they specialize in stroke trauma which is why Matt was brought here. This morning started at 4:00am with some procedures and Matt is resting comfortably now. As I sat on my bed nearby I was crying and Matt's morning nurse came in and sweetly said, "it's ok, it will be ok!" I quickly told him, "I'm ok my prayer chain is sleeping and soon I'll feel all those prayers and Gods strength again!" At that very moment a friend of Matt's (an RV8 friend) pinged a message of support and encouragement to me. That's God!! Matt's night nurse is a believer too and said he will always have Matt on his prayer list. Matt's night nurse is also a believer who gives out hugs!! God is so good!

Today we pray he remains stable and the breathing tube can be removed. More evidence of left side movement would be wonderful as well. He can definitely feel on the left side and they are confident movement is going to grow. Thank you so much for the love, support, and prayers. Please pray for Matt's Mom, Iola and his family. Matt will be joking and laughing so soon! If I can figure out how I'll add one of my favorites pictures below because it shows our joy.

With love,
Katie

Hoping and praying that blessings continue to be bestowed upon you, Matt *and* you Katie.

James

I'm sure that Matt will bring the same focus and diligence to his recovery that he brought to all of his RV projects, Matronics, etc. I hope Katie checks in with us regularly because there will be a bottomless well of support and prayer for both of them!

Great guy and so helpful with Kitlog

Each time i had an issue he was so helpful. Here is wishing him the best and speedy recovery.

Dave

Just saw this thread. Matt is just the other side of the airport from me and has been so helpful, allowing me to look at things, giving advice etc. Glad to hear he is surrounded by people who are committed to his well being.
Be well Matt. See you out at the airport soon.

Bob, thanks for sharing Katie's posts and keeping us updated here. Continuing prayers and good wishes.

Wishing Matt a speedy recovery. I was on the RV-List back in the 90's and early 2000's which led us to making a deal with Kitlog. Matt purchased it from me in 2007 and has done a fantastic job keeping the project alive.

Best to Matt and Katie with his recovery.

Multiple updates on FB today. all good news.

They took Matt off the vent. Later in the day he got out of bed and sat in a chair.

Prayers for Matt and his entire family

Storming heaven for Matt and the Dralle family - keep us posted as Matt progresses toward a full recovery!

Sick and full recovery

I wish for a quick and full recovery for Matt! If anyone can do it he can! He has the drive! Hang in there Matt, you have a lot of flying in front of you!

Dave Cicciari

Today's update from FB from Tim Brandt.

Matt & Katie update: Today Matt got to start eating semi-solid foods. He also is waiting for a room on the 4th floor so he is moving out of ICU. The boss and I went to see him at lunch and he looked really good. Really strong grip and doing well. There is a lot of work ahead for Matt but I know he can do it.

Matt will be soon moving to a Rehab Hospital sometime this week in Walnut Creek for several weeks.

Thank you for your continued prayers as Matt progresses.

+1. Thank you Bob!!!

I don't use FB, so your updates re: Matt are very much appreciated.

Wishing Matt and very speedy and positive rehab.

b,d

KEEP FIGHTING MATT!!

I've been traveling so just got the news.

Glad that by the time I got it, it now sounds like you are on the road to recovery?

Speedy recovery and many prayers.

This will most likely be my last update on VAF from FB. Matt seems to be improving, although he has weeks ahead of him for recovery.

From Tim Brandt:

Matt & Katie update: Reported by Katie : Today went well and the doctors are very happy with Matt's progress and he stood with assistance three separate times with very tiny steps to the chair. We are scheduled to move to John Muir tomorrow for a few weeks of Acute Rehab. Prayer for the long hard recovery process for Matt. Thanks to everyone for the support and encouragement and Quacks!!

Thanks for the updates and I'm glad to hear the good news. I'll keep Matt on my prayer list.

FB update from Tim Brandt:

Matt & Katie Update: Matt was moved today to the rehab hospital in Walnut Creek where he will be for the next several weeks. He starts work tomorrow.

Once we know Matt's schedule I will try to have a way to schedule people to go see him at the rehab hospital. I would like to have at least one visitor per day so that Matt has encouragement and friendly faces as Katie will not be there during the week after this weekend.

Any further news on Matt's condition? Hadn't heard anything for a long time... still sending hopes and prayers.

He's out of the hospital and out of the rehab center. Based upon his posts and videos on FB, he seems to be progressing well.

I can't comment on if he's doing any work related activities yet. He is active on FB if anyone wants to reach out to him.

I sent him a friend request a long time ago, but he didn't accept. I might try again. Wasn't sure the posts I saw were recent. Glad to hear he's making progress; thanks for the update.

Back