What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Photo bomb the Breitling Jets

BruceEicher

Well Known Member
Katie and I got free admission to the Oregon Airshow by flying in and offering up our bird for static display. (Not to mention beating traffic, parking and a long walk into the show.)

It was a fantastic show with Jerry "Jive" Kerby giving a breathtaking performance in his RV-8A Wild Blue!
Oh, and there was the Breitling Jet Team, really not bad!

As the crowd thinned we pushed HulaGirl out to the flight line but could not resist stopping for a photo. Then even one of the Breitling Team pilots came over and complimented us with questions about our plane!

o5rn2d.jpg

Hey Bruce, Is that polished aluminum on your plane, or that silver--shines like aluminum---very expensive paint I've heard of. Also, how did you get that silver shine on the inside and outside of your fiber glass wheel pants? Do you maybe have a "wrap" vs paint? You can see from my avatar picture, I've got a sort of silver/grey paint on my 8, but I would have preferred the shine like you have.

Last edited:
I'm thrifty...

Hey Bruce, Is that polished aluminum on your plane, or that silver--shines like aluminum---very expensive paint I've heard of. Also, how did you get that silver shine on the inside and outside of your fiber glass wheel pants? Do you maybe have a "wrap" vs paint? You can see from my avatar picture, I've got a sort of silver/grey paint on my 8, but I would have preferred the shine like you have.

Hi Don,

Yes it is polished aluminum and all but the yellow spinner and cowl is DIY vinyl wrap. I used Every Conform Chrome film on the fiberglass parts. If I work real hard I can get the aluminum to look almost as good as the film.
More info;
http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=98932
PS, I have always admired your plane!
Cheers!
Bruce

Back