What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Door County Experience?

grainfarmer

Looking for an overnighter in the Door County area. My wife can't handle a real long ride and thought this would be a great destination. We've spent alot of time in the Northwoods but never been to that area. Any advice/recommendations would be appreciated. We will be taking the 6 of course.:D

Go Fishing!

Contact Capt. Scott Gutschow at Reel Action Charters. Best salmon captain in the area. Also very good with the smallies and walleye. I shot several shows for ESPN on Scott's boat. He's a great guy and a very good stick.

http://www.reelactioncharters.com/

Forrest

There are a number of pleasant places to stay in Ephraim and Fish Creek. You can fly into 3D2 and I believe bikes are there for your use and a rental car can be arranged. The Whistling Swan in Fish Creek is a wonderful restaurant in an old hotel that was brought across the iced Lake Michigan more than 100 years ago. Sturgeon Bay is a nice town and the airport (KSUE) is nearby with rental cars available if you call ahead. PM me if you like. We'll be up there 5/27-31. You could call us at 920-823-2676. Bill

Check out Washington Island

Troy:
North of Ephraim, off the tip of the peninsula is Washington Island. If you want to look at scenery, fly along the Western edge of Door to the island. You can land there (2P2), but you'll need to be carrying bikes, as the island is a little too large to explore on foot. The island airport has two turf runways (approx 2200 feet each), suitable for my old Cessna, but probably best left alone if you're flying an "A" model RV. IIRC, there's a lighthouse on the Southern end of the island, and the shorelines offer some rocky cliffs over blue/green water. Have a camera handy.
Terry, CFI
RV-9A N323TP

Back