What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

tailwheel transition

grainfarmer

Here's the situation. I purchased an rv-6 with no tailwheel time thinking I am in no hurry to learn. I bought the airplane right and still have the 150 at the farm to fly. Well fall is just around the corner and the time to learn winding down. I have read other low time pilots flying learning tailwheel in an rv. Any CFI out there with this experience out there? I have flown the plane with the previous owner and felt the responsiveness. Looking for any suggestions, leads. Help before summer runs out or I'll be selling it. Too beautiful to sit in the hanger:(

Troy, I'd be glad to help you out...but I'm in Wichita, KS and you're in northern IL. I'll probably be back home in DeKalb later this fall for a bit, but not sure that's much help though. Maybe the folks at Beloit could help you out? I was just there this past weekend and they sure seemed like a good bunch of folks. Best, -Jim

Troy -

I know of a CFI up here in MN that is transition training people in to RV's. He has about 2500 RV hours of which 1600 or so are in tailwheel.

If you're interested in looking in to having him fly down and do some transition training with you send me a message by clicking on my user name (N200PF) and then selecting "Send Private Message".

Thanks! - Peter

Transition Training

I received my TW training from Jim Delveau. He lives just north of Des Moines in Ankenny. Has a nice -6, CFII, the whole thing. Easy to train with and in all a very enjoyable experience. If interested, you can search here in the forums or pm me for his email and phone.

Steve

Back