What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Just saying hi!

thatpilotchick

I'm New Here
Hi, all! Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Michela, & I know a lot of y'all may have "met" my dad, RV10Man, through here. I'm sure some have met him in person at Oshkosh a time or two.

He built an RV-9A & flew it for the first time early last year. Unfortunately, he & his twin brother (also an RV-9A builder/owner) both passed away due to Covid this past September. I'll be keeping part of my dad's legacy alive by keeping his airplane flying :)

I've got lots of decisions to make ahead of me, & the first will probably be purchasing some nice seats for it since it's just metal so far. Thanks, Steve, for that idea (I know you're in here lol). It'll also be getting a condition inspection very soon.

My dad loved this group, & he'd share little tidbits with me of things he learned from y'all. He earned his PPL before he even graduated high school, so I had the beautiful opportunity to grow up around GA & even continued my love of aviation into what I do now as a professional pilot.

The airplane was only flown about 27 hours by him, so I know I have a steep learning curve ahead of me with both learning how to fly this airplane but also with airplane ownership since this will be my first. I'm ready to tackle the challenge!

Can't wait to meet some of you at Oshkosh this year, & I'm hoping to be making my own RV Grin post soon!

(posted a couple pics of my dad flying his 9A :))

Attachments

• Air View.jpg
    Air View.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 133
  • Flying.jpg
    Flying.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 124
  • Panel.jpg
    Panel.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 146
Best of luck Michela. Sorry about you losing your father. You have access to a good group of people here that can hep you get to where you want yo be with your plane.

I' m so sorry for your loss.

I feel sure you will have a great time owning and learning your father's aircraft and I'm looking forward to your future posts about your journey!

Welcome Michela! Sorry about the loss of your dad and uncle. They will live on through you and your experiences. This is a great group and you’ll find answers and opinions to all your question.

Enjoy the journey!

Welcome aboard Michela - so glad to hear that you’ll keep that airplane and - and keep it flying! Your father will be sorely missed - but it’s great to know that his legacy is secure.

Back