What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Another 4 into 1 exhaust for the 8

Skyflyer

Well Known Member
Friend
As I approached the installation of my engine I began casting about for an exhaust system and became enamored with the look of the large single collector of the 4 into 1 systems. (I'll not debate the possible power enhancement some have claimed but that would be nice too.) I have an AeroSport Power IO 375 with the Superior sump and cold air induction and I hoped to keep components away from the sump and manifold while staying well within the confines of the standard lower cowling.

I subsequently found that Raven Aircraft ([email protected]) offered a 4 into 1 system for similar engines in other aircraft and contacted Rob at Raven to gage his interest in making one for my 8. He agreed, and after an iteration or two, produced the system pictured. I devised hangers that attach to two engine sump bolts and incorporate the connection to the collector producing a solid system that should not require additional support from the engine mount.

We did not address a heat muff, I will tackle that shortly.

If you are interested, contact Rob at Raven Aircraft and discuss your needs. He is great to work with and may be able to provide the aft supports similar to those I made; although it took me little more than a day to fashion them from .250" solid rod and 4130 steel, adjust the length and have them welded.

First flight is still a way off but I will report any issues that may arise.

Dec262011-7.jpg

Dec262011-8.jpg
Dec262011-1.jpg

Dec262011-6.jpg

[/IMG]

Back