What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Service Bulletins

husabeast

Patron
Looking to order my first 7A kit first of the year. Does anyone know if the factory incorporates any fixes or upgrades to future kits outlined in Service Bulletins/Letters? Expect to see a lot of questions from me in the future.

Looking to order my first 7A kit first of the year. Does anyone know if the factory incorporates any fixes or upgrades to future kits outlined in Service Bulletins/Letters? Expect to see a lot of questions from me in the future.

My experience with my RV-8 build has been the service bulletin parts and instructions came with the kit to supplement the plans and manual.

Much easier in the build phase

Yes you'll get all the current SB's with your kit, and they're much easier to do during construction.

I've found a couple of times that the construction plans, drawings, and parts don't always marry up to the latest versions, and it's really pleasing when you find a part you thought you had to fabricate already done for you.

Perhaps this is the benefit of arriving at the party much later, or of drinking the water out of well that others have dug.

Read ahead

I would recommend printing out all the SBs in advance, so you know which ones you’ll have to incorporate, as the plans have been written without the SB being performed. You’ll have to interpolate where and how to add the doubler, or modify a part, etc. I write a note on the plans at the step where to reference the applicable SB.

I would recommend printing out all the SBs in advance, so you know which ones you’ll have to incorporate, as the plans have been written without the SB being performed. You’ll have to interpolate where and how to add the doubler, or modify a part, etc. I write a note on the plans at the step where to reference the applicable SB.

Ah, the memories. When I built this forum did not exist (and I walked uphill against the wind to and from school). In fact the Internet was new. We had the Matronix list but the rest was all newsletters you got in the mail. We had a pretty good one here in STL written by Jim Cone. Also got the Vans RVaitor. I cut out articles and tips and inserted them into the build plans to make sure I had them handy when I got to that particular place in my build.

I still think that maybe a good practice if you see some thread here or article in Kitplanes that you want to use in the future, make an annotation in your plans to remind yourself where you saw something you thought was noteworthy.

I really appreciate all the information. This has to be one of the best forum groups i have ever participated in. Looking forward to bugging the P**s out of all you for a few years.

Back