What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-8/8A Get-Together at OSH?

Kevin Horton

Well Known Member
OSH is fast approaching, and its time to sort out our annual RV-8/8A builders/flyers/wannabes get together. We have been meeting at the Theatre in the Woods for many years, and I propose the same location again.

Date & Time - I propose Tuesday at 9 AM. If anyone has a good reason why some other date / time is better, please chip in with your proposal. We'll let things percolate for a few days and see if we have a consensus.

I'm planning to fly in on Sunday AM, and will be in Homebuilt Camping for most of the week.

Update - July 18th - the schedule is now firm. Tuesday at 9:00 AM. Theatre in the Woods, at the end closest to the flight line. Bob DiMeo will bring donuts.

Last edited:
I'll be spam-canning it up to the North 40 - assuming the plane I have reserved is out of maintenance by then. (it went down this past Friday with an engine surging problem) If not, I guess we'll drive and stay in Scholler again. In any case, we'll be there.

I'in

I will try to be there.
Carol and I will be there Friday, HBC with the Borrowed Horse.

Is Don McNamara bringing the donuts this year?

That task is annually relegated to Bob DiMeo. I would never usurp his authority and steal his thunder!

When and how did "Mutha" become "Badger?" Gotta be a story there ... :D

Unlike Paul, I don't have a rapidly-filling dance card for Oshkosh. If I see others moseying over from HBC on Tuesday morning, it might jog my memory.

DONUTS?
Nordo will be there. Now about that coffee. Maybe MUTHA(er Badger:))or Hersha can bring that. I take mine with cream.. See Ya there!
Nordo

No one has proposed another date or time, so let's consider the original proposed schedule as confirmed.

Tuesday, at 9:00 AM, at the Theatre in the Woods. Meet at the edge of the theatre on the end towards the flight line.

I heard from Bob DiMeo - he is planning to show up with donuts, as usual.

See you there.

Back