What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

A problem for the G3Xperts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyflyer

Well Known Member
Friend
In the 20 hours of phase one completed to date I have on three occasions experienced a failure of the G3X to complete the AHRS alignment at start up. There is never anything Red X?d but simply the persistent message ?AHRS align ? Keep Wings Level?

The problem has occurred before engine start and is not resolved by turning the G3X off and back on or by securing my iPhone and iPad and rebooting. Under normal circumstances the AHRS alignment occurs within 45 seconds. In each of these three cases I was away from my home field and after several attempts to reboot, completed the VFR flight home without my primary attitude and heading reference without difficulty. The AHRS did not align during wings level flight but in each case, the unit would subsequently boot up just fine afterward in my hanger.

The initial AHRS set up and magnetometer calibration were completed normally once I found a magnetically uniform area and the problem did not occur until after I recently updated the navigation databases. System software version 7.30 has been present throughout.

What is my next step? I have not yet tried to reinstall system software or the databases but can certainly do that easily enough. Since the problem is intermittent, a successful resolution will not be immediately apparent.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back