What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Section 42 plans missing?

EastCoastFlyer

Friend
I just got my avionics kit today for the Dynon D1000/HDX1100. The plans I got from Van's starts with section -42C. Looking at the first few steps, the sequence has you connecting the Engine monitor and the Battery backup to the AV-50000A module that has somehow already been magically installed. Am I missing a assembly section before -42C that installs this stuff? I can't find any info on the Van's website and -42C was the first section that was included with my avionics kit.....

looking ahead, it looks like the AV-50000A module is installed in section -42M. Do you do section -42M before -42C....I'm confused by the order. Anybody know what the proper assembly section order is?

looking ahead, it looks like the AV-50000A module is installed in section -42M. Do you do section -42M before -42C....I'm confused by the order. Anybody know what the proper assembly section order is?

I can tell you (it was some time ago, and my memory...well); van?s Kit plans were very good till this part of the build; however, the finish kit [avionics gave me some fits]. I believe it is because of the different brands, each with their own installation issues.

All I remember was really read the kit plans well...read ahead.

Section 1 of the plans specifies what plans sections (and the order to complete them) are relevant to the specific avionics equipment you are installing.
The most recent rev. level is in the support section of the web site.

Last edited:
Top Tip...

Leave the top skin clecoed as you pass through this period. There is a lot of to and fro work as you do avionics, cowl, motor etc etc and having access to that area is most useful. We are at final stages, motor in, cowls done, cables in etc and that panel is still off. Much easier for access. PM me for snaps off forum if you wish to discuss.

Also, get the motor hung before you put the cowl on - much easier for line up and fit. All the ancillaries etc can be fitted with the motor on.

Back