What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New wireless pilot headset from Lightspeed

That is cool. If they could make it smaller, even better.

BTW, Cypher has an RV-8 not 8A.

Last edited:
I've suspected this was coming for a long time... But I still don't see the benefit. Routing headset cables in a cockpit really isn't an issue after you've figured out where they go the first time. This just gives you a headset you have to remember to charge (which you'll forget) and then you'll either need to fly with a cable while they charge while you fly, or you can't fly.

Just seems to "solve" a problem that doesn't exist, unless i'm missing something.

Very clever idea and I hope they continue to develop it but the Li-ion batteries knock it out of contention for me.

I am about to buy a headset but weight is such a factor and yes I also don't want to ad one more thing to my list like charging a headset though I figured they would price it higher so maybe they'll get more market penetration than I thought. I was thinking maybe if they integrate directly into an audio panel in the future that could be pretty cool. Maybe they'll get smaller too.

Back