What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Zizzo Liberte or Urbano Folding Bike

rockwoodrv9

Well Known Member
Patron
Does anyone have any experience with the Zizzo brand of folding bikes? Spec wise they look good. I am not interested in spending the money on a Brompton for a bike I will rarely use. They are 23-24 lbs and the size looks like 2 would fit in my 9 tip up. We want to head up to Mackinac Island and ride around a bit and I want enough baggage capacity left for all the fudge and T Shirts we will be getting.

Thanks

https://zizzo.bike/collections/zizz...o-folding-bike-liberte?variant=14560812138538

Looks good

Looks like a decent bike for the money. I have two similar size bikes by Mini Cooper. If you remove the wheels, you can fit two in the baggage area.

I have a zizzo Ferro, their cheapest bike. It’s actually a pretty good Bike. It fits in the back of my RV-8. I do have to remove the front wheel for it to fit. I timed myself this weekend and it took a whole 3 minutes to pull it out and get it assembled and ready to ride including installing the front tire. It actually takes more time to load the bike in the plane because it really only fits one way and is a snug fit, but it does fit.

It rides and shift smooth. There are a few compromises. The handle extends quite a bit and as a result has a bit of flex to it. It’s not a design flaw, it’s just a long lever that flexes a bit.

One thing I found out the hard way is if you try to pop a wheelie over a curb like you would on a normal bike, you will likely fall back wards because the rear wheel is pretty much right underneath you and won’t stop you from rotating backwards. I’m sure other folding bikes have the same problem.

Over all I’m very happy with it, it just has a few compromises compared to a normal bicycle. It’s well made and does what I need it to do. I don’t feel that spending more money would get you a better bike, only a slightly lighter bike.

Liberte

We have 2 Libertes that we bought to bring along in our RV-10. We love them. Flew to Myrtle beach and biked 5 miles to the boardwalk. Bikes are very light and easy to fold.

Love my Zizzo!

It has a very solid feel when riding considering it is a small bike, and it is faster than expected. Does not feel "twitchy" at speed. Shifting has never missed a click. Folds and unfolds in about 20 seconds. It does not feel fragile, but I don't think it would take a lot of curb jumping... When I was looking for bikes I resisted the temptation to spend thousands, and I am happy with the Zizzo.

P.S. Bridge in background may look familiar : )

Attachments

• PXL_20220904_162237912.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220904_162237912.MP.jpg
    681 KB · Views: 236
Thanks!

Thanks for the reviews. On paper they looked pretty good and it sounds like they are. I just want to make sure I can get 2 in my baggage area. Im going to take the dimensions and make a couple boxes that size to see if it will work.

If anyone has put 2 in the back of a side by side, I would love to hear how it worked out.

Follow up - Purchased Zizzo Urbano Bikes

I looked at the different models of the Zizzo and decided on the Urbano. It is 23 lbs and has a wider tire. The Liberte is 22 and a skinny tire. I do not plan on much trail riding but I got a few messages saying the wider tire was better for gravel. After riding the Urbano, I am satisfied I made the right choice.

I was able to fit both behind the seats. It took a couple different tries but they fit well and there is still the entire triangle behind the seat back for our backpacks.

They are a little weird getting used to and not a trail bike by any means, but they are better than walking! Being able to get 2 of them delivered for less than $1000 is a good deal for me. Im sure I would love the brompton and it is a better bike but the value isnt there for me.

Attachments

• image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 207
  • image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    974.9 KB · Views: 211
Couple More Pics

Here is it out of the box. There must have been 20 zip ties on it.

Attachments

• image6.jpeg
    image6.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 174
  • image4.jpeg
    image4.jpeg
    880.9 KB · Views: 186
Sure glad you like it... mine is supposed to arrive on Thursday.

There are a couple electric folding bikes that collapse to about the same size. The Fiido D11 and D21 cost about $1,000 and $1,200 respectively, and weigh about 38 pounds. The Carbo S costs considerably more, and the price and weight depend on the options ordered. The Carbo X costs more yet and is probably slightly lighter, but with no ability to change pedaling gears (the D11, D21 and S have gearing).

These might be worth considering for someone.

Dave

This looks like a great option that as a pair doesn't use essentially all of the baggage allowance. I've got a 7A (slider) and am giving these some serious consideration. Please let us know how you like the bikes and the logistics of loading in and out.

Zizzo Urbano First Impression

I got my Zizzo Urbano last week.

It rides okay, nothing stunning, but certainly satisfactory. Its overall stability is less than most of the standard bikes I’ve owned but a lot better than the road bike I’m getting rid of. It’s certainly maneuverable, even though its wheelbase is quite similar. It’s fun to ride and feels more open than a road bike, with the straight handlebars.

The brakes and shifter are all fine. The shifter is ergonomically simple - a rotating ring on the handlebar that adjusts the gear. Rotate top forward to a higher gear, reverse that for lower. The gears themselves aren’t quite as broad a range between high and low as I’d like, and no doubt that’s fixable by replacing gears with different ones.

The bike folds or unfolds quickly, and the seat and handlebar height have position markings for repeatability.

I found that it’s minimum folded size is a bit longer (32.75" longest way) than the spec, and the extra length is the frame’s fold latch. It’s also 1.5 pounds heavier than spec, 25.5 instead of 24 pounds. It’s still easily handled and easily used, and I’m glad to have it. It's interesting how the size and weight don't match what's advertised. Years ago I bought Sea Eagle inflatable kayak, and every aspect of it was exactly as advertised.

I’ll ride it more - right now it's my regular bike. Have to admit it’s a fun ride, just not like a road bike would be.

I bought some aftermarket handlebar grips that I might not use as the stock ones seem okay, a taillight that’s very good, and a handlebar bell that turned out to be pure junk and didn’t get installed. I didn't order the fenders and the rack is out of stock.

An electric bike that seems comparable except heavier, is the Fiido D21. It's still under 40 pounds. Worth considering if you'd prefer an ebike.

Dave

My wife and I rode about 4 miles this afternoon. As Dave says, it rides fine. I am glad I did get the Urbano with the wider tires. It does weigh a bit more but worth the extra stability. 2 will easily fit in the back of a 9-7 tip up and I imagine a slider too.

We are headed to northern Michigan later this week to test them out. I am happy with my purchase.

Attachments

• image4.jpeg
    image4.jpeg
    880.9 KB · Views: 94
My wife and I rode about 4 miles this afternoon. As Dave says, it rides fine. I am glad I did get the Urbano with the wider tires. It does weigh a bit more but worth the extra stability. 2 will easily fit in the back of a 9-7 tip up and I imagine a slider too. We are headed to northern Michigan later this week to test them out. I am happy with my purchase.
I'm so IMPRESSED you got not one but two folding bikes in baggage area, not one but TWO!!!! I am sure it is a bit of a shoe horn. I wish I had your post when I went through the folding bike hunt for my RV beginning of year. I just went through this. I got a GREEN ZONE bike (20" wheels) which is almost identical to your ZiZZO bikes. They are all made in China or most of components are.

Zizzo, Tern and Dahon are good brands. Some have bought Citizen. The problem, near impossible to shop and see these in person, most local bike stores don't carry them. If they do it's one brand or larger folding mountain or cruising bikes. You also have to rely on web and on line shopping.

I also found that the folded dimensions given by some brands are optimistic. What is an inch or two or three? For most people it's not a big deal, but for a little plane it makes a difference.

You got good bikes and they fit. Well done. Thanks for the report.

The best source are reviews on folding bikes I found were on on social media (YouTube) or forums. However they don't focus on transport in small plane. I can say there is one bike sure to fit and be decent to ride.

I ended up getting another bike, a BROMPTON (clone). If folds much smaller, lighter. The brand is 3SIXTY. It is made identical to BROMPTON at half the price including shipping. I had to import it from Singapore and SHIPPING cost are nuts, but still a good deal. With an RV7 slider, is a struggle with green zone. A tip up or extended slide for the canopy would make a huge difference loading and unloading.

The 3SIXTY is 16" wheels and 6 speed. The Green zone is 8 speed and 20" rims. The 20" Green zone has a nicer ride, not significant but you can notice. The 3SIXTY is much smaller folded, but unfolded it is identical in seat, handlebar and pedal position to the Green zone.

See Photo Links:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/pNKAeux7JZv6uQbx9

https://photos.app.goo.gl/LKGUuMHo3fB7JVmT8

https://photos.app.goo.gl/EgrdgpDsyxTircN86

https://photos.app.goo.gl/s6eDnP2L3Jjh5T3E7

In the above pictures I show both folded side by side. The Green zone can be made a little more compact when folded by completely removing seat and seat tube (verses just retracting). Also my bike is deluxe with fenders and rack and kickstand. These also come off making it a tad smaller (and pounds lighter) when folded. If you buy a folding bike for your RV don't get the the rack and fenders (or get them and take them off).

They all come with folding pedals, but I have gone to ultra light quick release pedals which saves some weight and space over folding pedals. I am keeping both bikes. The Green zone is perfect for car and camping. It is more beefy and comfortable. The 3SIXTY (Brompton clone) is for airplane. There are other Brompton clones (Litepro, Pikes, Royal). They are identical to Brompton, including parts interchangeable. If you can afford a Brompton, I recommend it. They hold their value. The clones especially the more expensive ones are equivalent in quality, form, fit and function.

https://us.brompton.com/-/media/sec...a=en-US&hash=B9334593F45F3904F56208F2916A00C4

Last edited:
We got our bikes (Zizzo Urbano) and they do both fit in the back of a 7A slider, although it is very tight!

Now we need to find some airports that have nice trails accessible directly or by courtesy car.

Attachments

• ZizzoBikes in Plane.jpeg
    ZizzoBikes in Plane.jpeg
    347.5 KB · Views: 89
Zizzo Urbano bike for sale SOLD

SOLDHello all,

I have an extra Zizzo Urbano bike for sale. Selling for $325 They are great bikes. Best way to reach me is text 4049314338, I understand if you're not comfortable that way and want to DM me here. I will return your DMs as well.
I've also cross reference this reply as a new post.
Thanks, Rebecca.

Attachments

• IMG_8196.jpg
    IMG_8196.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_8199.jpg
    IMG_8199.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_8201.jpg
    IMG_8201.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_8202.jpg
    IMG_8202.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_8204.jpg
    IMG_8204.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Additional photo in 9a slider

I'm showing 1 bike in the back of my 9A slider in a carry case. Great if you are just taking one bike with you, not sure if 2 bikes in cases would fit.

Attachments

• IMG_8380.jpg
    IMG_8380.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_8382.jpg
    IMG_8382.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 50
Zizzo is currently running a holiday promo code for 15% off that applies to these bikes, and they offer free shipping. Just ordered an Urbano for $365.49 out the door. Code is HOLIDAY23.

Zizzo has two new bikes that might interest some of you.

The electric e-Forte weighs 41 lbs and has an 18 mile range at max power. It's $999 but there's currently a 15% discount: SPRING24.

The rust-resistant Marino is 27.5 lbs for $700. Use the same discount code.

I still like my Urbano, at 24 lbs.

Dave

Zizzo has two new bikes that might interest some of you.

The electric e-Forte weighs 41 lbs and has an 18 mile range at max power. It's $999 but there's currently a 15% discount: SPRING24.

The rust-resistant Marino is 27.5 lbs for $700. Use the same discount code.

I still like my Urbano, at 24 lbs.

Dave
I like mine too. I got them mostly for taking with us in the plane but we use them quite a bit just getting around. Im sure there are better folding bikes but probably not a better value.

Back