What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Info on KGGG

RVbySDI

Well Known Member
I am looking to fly into KGGG (Longview, TX) this coming Thursday (Oct 20th). My mother is in the hospital there. My sister and I are planning to fly in for the day to see her. Can anyone give me some insight on the airport? Parking, tiedowns/hangars, any fees I need to know about? Thanks.

I usually call the FBO directly, to get the most current information. Most (if not all) have been extremely helpful and usually offer some good tidbits of information. AIRNAV or the AFD has most of the information you ask, but not the good stuff.

Pat,
Your recommendation is noted and welcomed. However, my intent for this post was to hopefully find someone local to that airport who can inform me of “the good stuff”.

GGG

I know this isnt exactly what you're looking for but its all I know: I fly around there all the time, talking to approach and flying through their TRSA/airspace. Its been many years since I've actually landed at GGG, but I would do it without a second thought. The cheapest fuel around ($4.48/gal right now) is at KRFI, just 16 miles south of GGG. For the type of airport it is, I would not expect the fees to be excessive, if any.

I fly into KGGG often for work, highly recommend KRS Jet Center, good people there. They will arrange a rent car for you as well.

Back