What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-9A Weight and Balance Calculations

marv1121

Well Known Member
Does anyone have a computer based program to calculate weight and balance for a RV-8A. Something where I can just plug in the numbers for people, fuel, and baggage and it will calculate the CG.

They're all over the internet in a wide variety of formats. Easiest way to do it is download an Excel w/b spreadsheet for the -9A and plug in the moment arm numbers from your POH. I just use the tool in Foreflight.

Cg finder app

I use this app. Once you enter the station data, your good to go.

Attachments

• 079920E5-10B7-4C20-B636-F08F7A38B140.jpeg
    079920E5-10B7-4C20-B636-F08F7A38B140.jpeg
    108 KB · Views: 197
get a piece of paper and calculate it by hand. then you really know. don't rely on some internet software unless you know it has truly been vetted and you have that same version.

Last edited:
Does anyone have a computer based program to calculate weight and balance for a RV-8A. Something where I can just plug in the numbers for people, fuel, and baggage and it will calculate the CG.
Your thread subject states RV9A but your text in the post states RV8A. Which is it?

ForeFlight

I programmed mine in ForeFlight. I think you just put the weights and arms in for your particular aircraft. Super easy to use.

-Andy

Back