What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Ready,Paint scheme, site to pick from?

ron sterba

Well Known Member
Well Iam ready to paint. Is there a site of RV plane designs to pick from. Are there any groups of pictures from say Oshkosh or sun n fun? Have a 9A, 21 months of flying as a ?Silver RV on Base leg?. Appreciate any and all pictures.?

Ron in Oregon

I designed my scheme by taking bits and pieces from several different aircraft featured in the "completions" section of Sport Aviation over the years.

Today, the easiest thing to do is look at pictures and schemes through an online search. You'd do well to not copy existing designs (the pro designers don't take kindly sometimes), but you're free to take bits and pieces and combine them into your own look.

Copy cat

I designed my scheme by taking bits and pieces from several different aircraft featured in the "completions" section of Sport Aviation over the years.

Today, the easiest thing to do is look at pictures and schemes through an online search. You'd do well to not copy existing designs (the pro designers don't take kindly sometimes), but you're free to take bits and pieces and combine them into your own look.

Yes. Make sure it's different. Some pros will get really angry.

"Keep On Em"

If you go with a design shop, make sure you keep on them. I tried two, and got NO responses from them at all.
SO, in the end I designed everything myself, then connected with John Stahr to finalize the details and have him paint the job.

Out of "professionalism" I informed the companies I originally contacted that "Since I have not received any response from you regarding the design of my project, I have elected to work with a local vendor...."
Surprisingly I got an immediate response to that - apologizing for their lack of communication. BUT, ALAS, that's a bit late in the game.

If you really need some external design assistance, make sure you bug the **** out of them to get them to respond. Otherwise, you may not get your project completed in what you expect to be timely.

Jason Noll at Dream Scheme Design and Mirco Percorari at Aircraft Studio Design. None better IMHO for today's sport aviation.

Mirco is not the fastest and seldom confused as slow in responses. He is an Artist and more of a Soul Searcher looking into who you are and what you want.

Last edited:
Thanks Bruce and the rest of the gang. Wow I see you guys points about taking a little bit here and there. I?ll keep in mind the professional paint vendors, good to know.
What a job I have now but looks a whole bunch easier.
Cheers
Ron in Oregon, Home of the College World Series in Baseball! 2018Champion Beavers 👍

Thanks Bruce and the rest of the gang. Wow I see you guys points about taking a little bit here and there. I?ll keep in mind the professional paint vendors, good to know.
What a job I have now but looks a whole bunch easier.
Cheers
Ron in Oregon, Home of the College World Series in Baseball! 2018Champion Beavers 👍

Back