What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Blue Monster PTFE Thread Sealant

DaveLS

Well Known Member
Does anyone have experience with: Blue Monster PTFE Pipe Thread Sealant made by Mill-Rose Clean-Fit Products?

Www.cleanfit.com

Found it at Lowes Aviation plumbing supplies.

label states it is good for gasoline, gasohol, hydrolic oils, compressed air, glycol, steam, water (more listed on the label).

The other sealants I have found do not include gasohol or alcohol on their product information sheets.

Thanks, Dave

Last edited:
I have always used Permatex Indian Head gasket shellac for pipe thread fittings and fuel sender gaskets. Just a small amount starting with the second thread.

Trust but Verify

Unless you choose to use a pipe thread sealant which you have actually observed to successfully seal ethanol car gas application fittings, I'd suggest you test Blue Monster or any other by dropping a blob of it in a cat food can of high-test/ethanol-laced car gas and letting it sit over night.

I learned the hard way when the sealant I used (specified OK for ethanol and worked great in my 6A) dissolved in minutes in the test can fluid. It had taken only slightly longer to start seepage in my
RV-12.

Jim
RV-12 #264
flying since 2010

Back