What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wiring Conduit Routing

Bootscooter

HI All,

I am completing a standard build fuselage and have purchased Sceet Ducting for the wiring conduit, which I plan to run down both sides of the fuselage just like those that have gone before me.

What I can't find is what happens when you get to the wing spar. Is someone able to post a pic or point me in the direction of one, of how they got the conduit past the wing spar.

Kind Rgs

Chad

Wiring in the vicinity of the wing spar has to go above the spar, through any of the several lightening holes in the bulkheads.

Jim Berry
RV-10

Wiring in the vicinity of the wing spar has to go above the spar, through any of the several lightening holes in the bulkheads.

Jim Berry
RV-10

Yep, what Jim said.

P5130009.jpg

Wow Mike,

Your bundling looks great! How did you get such a professional look? Did you have them prebuilt for you? Make them yourself on the bench? Or run/tie as you went? I have yet to start running wire, but I'm beginning my research. Also, how many conduits did you run in each wing?

Thanks.

Mike, thanks for the complement on the wiring:D

I ran all the wires long while building the panel, then fed them through various nooks and crannies as I went about installing the panel. I used zip ties loosely snugged until I was through with all the wire runs, then cleaned up the runs, and switched to lacing cord to finish up. Randy Thorne did a lot of the final cleanup, and taught me the ins and outs of wire lacing.

Here is a shot of a little bracket I made up, has 3 snap bushings in it that I used to get the wiring headed in the right direction. Also, I could group wires together that were going to be heading off towards the same destination. I made up one of these for each side of the plane.

SUNP0010.jpg

Back