What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

No More Pedal Planes???

ppilotmike

Well Known Member
I was online, trying to locate Aviation Products Inc., who IMHO are the best source of pedal plan kits on the market. I cannot log into their website, nor can I find information about their Top Cat kits anywhere. Their old website address was www.pedalplanekits.com. Does anyone know what's going on with them?
I'd really like to build my daughter a Top Cat pedal plane, similar to what they have at Oshkosh Kidventure...

Last edited:
Some of them are available through EAA's web store. You might call them to see if they know about the availability of the others.

Last edited:
I was looking for them at OSH this year and didn't find them. They used to have a bunch of pedal planes tied down in the grass by the vendors in the homebuilt area. My son Max and I look forward to it every year but we missed them this year. He likes to try each one and spent hours in those things over the years. Every year Max would have less and less room. He is 9 1/2 now and we both doubted he would fit in it this year. Bummer we didn't get to try. :(

Jerry
RV-8 N84JE

I hadn't even heard of Aviation Products Inc until I saw a display model at the EAA museum a couple weeks ago. Fun to find out they're from my city. Wonder if I've run into the guy?

Here's an address

I built a pedal plane a couple of years ago and here is the email address of the fellow, Gary, who sold me the plans and was very helpful in translating some of the instructions. He's up in Iowa somewhere.

[email protected]

Hope this helps.

Jim
RV12

Pedal Plane

I built a P-51 from his plans a couple of years ago. It turned out real nice. :)
IMG_4997.JPG

Back