What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Glamor shot

Avengerboss

Well Known Member
My latest RV8 panel done by SO Cal Avionics.

Attachments

• 852D8834-5CDF-4F31-926F-C7F7B07C68B4.jpg
    852D8834-5CDF-4F31-926F-C7F7B07C68B4.jpg
    531.4 KB · Views: 932
Great panel and I really like how you brought the push/pull cables back. I wish I’d thought of that. I have to loosen my shoulder harness to reach mine on the the gear towers.

Re glamour

The G3 X also has a large Backup battery.
I wanted everything in front of me for easy access, flap switch is on the stick.

Very nice! Just curious, why go cloth seats over high grade vinyl or leather? Is it strictly price or just preference? I'm trying to decide for my interior. I feel like vinyl/leather is easier to keep clean?

I also notice that you modded the gear towers and left them open. Why? To save weight? Is that OK from a safety and structural point of view?

I also notice that you modded the gear towers and left them open. Why? To save weight? Is that OK from a safety and structural point of view?

Looks like the screw holes for the covers are there, but not installed yet.

Re glamour shot

The tower covers we’re done by the previous builder before I bought it and is a great idea I’d suggest to all 8 builders. I don’t put it all together until a few test flights in case I need to do some maintenance, it’s just easier than having to take out all the screws.

I go with cloth for two reasons. One is the cloth set up is much lighter than leather . I’m all about keeping my planes as light as possible.
Two , it’s much more comfortable in hot weather.
Flight line interiors are my go to company.

Regarding the gear tower mod covers, what is your plan for the brake lines that currently go down into the big holes? How will they be routed once the covers are in place?

Glamor brake lines

I actually ran the brake lines into the towers thru the front bulkheads. Hand formed them as I was routing them. It was difficult but looks great.

Enlarged LG Tower Lightening Holes

Was the top hole modified as well? I've yet to figure out how I will be able to get a bucking bar into the top of the tower in order to rivet the top forward skin rivets. Very nice looking cockpit, well done.

Back