What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tubeless tires

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrollF4

Moderator, Asst. Line Boy
Ambassador
Just some quick questions:
If you use tubeless tires on your RV, how many of you have actually had a flat on it?

Why did it go flat? Nail or some other foreign object puncture?

If you have never had a tubeless tire go flat, how long did the tire last you?

No flats running Michelin Aviators on Beringer wheels.

Mains lasted approximately 250 hours, you could probably flip them and get another 50 hours. I'm conservative, probably replaced them a little sooner than needed.

Nose still going strong at almost 500 hours!

The useful feature with tubeless is that you can use run-flat or similar (Walmart/Autozone/etc) to inflate them if you're stuck with a flat.

Thanks, Bill. It seems you're the only RV'r who has had experience with tubeless tires.

No flats running Michelin Aviators on Beringer wheels.

Mains lasted approximately 250 hours, you could probably flip them and get another 50 hours. I'm conservative, probably replaced them a little sooner than needed.

Nose still going strong at almost 500 hours!

The useful feature with tubeless is that you can use run-flat or similar (Walmart/Autozone/etc) to inflate them if you're stuck with a flat.

If I understand you response correctly the Michelin Aviators are tubeless tires? Had no idea. Please verify as this is useful info. Thanks

Beringer are all tubeless while Grove makes both, however it’s hard to justify the extra cost for both the wheels and tires to go tubeless.
Goodyear is now making a 6 ply TL tire in 5x5 (costs more than the TT), the Michelin TL 5x5 is only available in 8 ply which is pretty stiff for an RV.

I would love to switch but I doubt I’ll live long enough or change enough tires to justify the cost of new wheels.

For what it’s worth, I’ve never had a flat. :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back