What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

wing to fuse wiring entry

flyingbeaver26

Sorry if this topic has been covered elsewhere. I am looking to understand where most of you penetrated the fuse to route the wing wiring inside. Seems there is a double skin layer in this area as I recall. Should I create a new opening behind the pushrod opening? I did not see any recommendations in the plans.

Thanks!

OP-10 and OP-11 are the documents you seek.

I bought a USB drive of the plans. Pretty much any question I have has some sort of detail in the "Optional Parts Drawings", otherwise known as OP-xx

I transferred the whole thing onto my phone so I can easily search out information when in the workshop.

Attachments

• OP-11 RV-8,8A Wiring.pdf
    120.1 KB · Views: 201
  • OP-10 RV-6,7,8,9 Wiring Diagram.pdf
    321.7 KB · Views: 116
Thanks for these drawings. Theses drawings have matured so much since I ordered my plans and kit 20 years ago. Is there a place here on VAF where I can find the other OP drawings? OP-1 through OP-xx?

OP-10 and OP-11 are the documents you seek.

I bought a USB drive of the plans. Pretty much any question I have has some sort of detail in the "Optional Parts Drawings", otherwise known as OP-xx

I transferred the whole thing onto my phone so I can easily search out information when in the workshop.

Plans on vansaircraft store

Set up an account on the vans aircraft store and register your serial number. You then download the latest plans for free.

Cheers, Sean

Is a 7/16 hole big enough for lights, pitot heat, magnetometer, aileron servo, and a Nav antenna cable? What has anyone done to have more or bigger holes there?

In DWG 77, it shows the location of the right side hole that is cut to route the passenger air vent. You route all the right wing wiring through this hole. The is another hole on the left side where you route tue pitot tubing and wiring for the left wing. As other has said, log into Vans and get the drawing with your customer numberp

I'm getting ready (as in today) to drill the 3/4" hole in the bottom 1/3 of the ribs to run the conduit. Does that location change anything or is there room to between the wing and fuselage to bend and route to the holes you guys are talking about.

Back