What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Seatbelt attach lug RV8

Webb

Well Known Member
Sponsor
As this is on a rebuild from previous hack, I’ve run into an interesting item.

The seatbelt attach lug slot on the spar cap is cut out for placing it next to the aft spar and not the forward spar. This moves the crotch strap 2” towards the package.

I know y’all want to have fun with the best question of the day but please keep it rated “G”.

Do I cut a new slot and put it in the correct location or having it 2 inches aft doesn’t mean a thing?

There is plenty of metal to move it and I’m not worried about strength. I’m worried about comfort or the potential for discomfort should, as another poster called it, get chopslapped. :eek:

On my kit delivered in 2019 the slot in the center section is cut from the factory.
If moving it back would be a concern is highly package dependent. On mine it could only move back 1-5/16” and still fit between the center section rails.

One issue: The mounting tab fits in a slot in the seat cushion itself so it don’t think it fit right on a stock seat.

Last edited:
Great point on the seat cushion. Since it belongs on the forward spar, that’s where it’s going.

I fixed what the previous builder did. Already fitted and made a cover plate to cover the slot left behind.

I didn’t have to cut a new slot. Just clean up the mess he made.

Back