What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AntiSplat RV14 Seat mod in an RV6A Slider

edstepec

Looking for some input here. I watched Alan's video which was done without the canopy attached. Can the seat mod be installed with the canopy on? If so, am I dangerously close to damaging canopy when installing seat mod? Any gotchas that you can share on installation is much appreciated. I prefer not to remove the canopy if possible. Thank you to all that respond.

Not that hard to remove the canopy, that’s what we did. I like the mod, I’m tall in the torso and it gives me more headroom on bumpy days. I also like it on cross countries, stretch out a bit more….it separates my seat from my wife’s seat so no shoulder room problems. I snuck up the last hinge on the bottom seat and gained another inch…it’s all good, happy to have it.

Definitely remove the canopy and the rear pin receiver blocks and the slider tracks. Also, measure the width of the fuselage near the existing seatback cross brace before you cut it out. Make a Sharpie mark on the longerons on each side near the brace to have a consistent place to measure from. The fuselage will "spring" a bit when you cut out the original brace and you want to reproduce the original width with the new brace.

Pm sent

Looking for some input here. I watched Alan's video which was done without the canopy attached. Can the seat mod be installed with the canopy on? If so, am I dangerously close to damaging canopy when installing seat mod? Any gotchas that you can share on installation is much appreciated. I prefer not to remove the canopy if possible. Thank you to all that respond.

I am going to send you a pm.

The canopy is easy to remove. It would be very difficult to do the mod with it on. The easiest way to take the canopy off is to just remove the two bolts that attached the wheels to the frame, then lift the front of the frame up and slide it aft off the rear T track. I have done it solo numerous times.

Back