What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Relocating to Nebraska

iwannarv

Well Known Member
Hi all,

I've recieved a new job and will be relocating to Nebraska from south central KS. Not sure of the exact town yet, but will be 40-60 miles N/NW of Lincoln. I have been scouting some housing and airports in the area. Seeing what 'RV' culture and airport bum lifestyle may be close by.

Also looking for some workspace (hopefully I'll find a place with a garage/basement or small hangar space close by). Being in school and away from the -3 tail the last few years has made for some very inconsistent progress. Hoping I can set something up to haul my tools and work up with me to have it close by.

Any ideas from Huskerland?

Nebraska

Paul Muhle, builder of THREE osh grand champion plans built aircraft, has a shop at Columbus, NE, airport which is Northwest of Lincoln. There was an article about Paul a few months ago in Kitplanes magazine.

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi all,

I've received a new job and will be relocating to Nebraska from south central KS.

Brad, that is wonderful, specially in the current economic climate.

So, did you finish college, or is this just a break in the schooling??

So, did you finish college, or is this just a break in the schooling??

I did finish college this last May with a BS in AgriBusiness. Worked in an internship this summer, and got hired on full time this last week. I'll be working for an agricultural seed and chemical subsidiary of Land O' Lakes.

I came across Mr. Muhle's website while browsing. I'll be located in either Columbus, David City, Wahoo, or Fremont, once I get my final assignment.

Hi all,

I've recieved a new job and will be relocating to Nebraska from south central KS. Not sure of the exact town yet, but will be 40-60 miles N/NW of Lincoln. I have been scouting some housing and airports in the area. Seeing what 'RV' culture and airport bum lifestyle may be close by.

Also looking for some workspace (hopefully I'll find a place with a garage/basement or small hangar space close by). Being in school and away from the -3 tail the last few years has made for some very inconsistent progress. Hoping I can set something up to haul my tools and work up with me to have it close by.

Any ideas from Huskerland?

I'm relocating back to Nebraska as well and will be located in Grand Island. I haven't found a hangar or place to live yet. When I get settled in I will look you up.

I'm relocating back to Nebraska as well and will be located in Grand Island. I haven't found a hangar or place to live yet. When I get settled in I will look you up.

Sounds good, I ended up in Columbus. I have a 1 car garage that I may be able to transform into a tail shop, and looking for aircraft rentals close by (I'd really like to get my IFR rating).

A little farther

I live in Eastern Colorado, 7 miles from the Nebraska border. Grand Island isn't far in my RV7A. Let me know if you want to get together. Buy the way, I have 40x60 foot hangar with just my RV.

Welcome to Nebraska. :D

Buy a red shirt and wear it on game day home or away. Go Big Red. :D

Columbus is a great active airport. Frank Cuba (pronounced sooba) is a great source of info on RV's also as he is Paul Mulhe partner. Nebraska has some great weather for flying. Lots to do. York has a flyin in breakfast year round first Sat of every month. Crete has one the 3rd Sat of every month.

Lincoln / Crete is 60 miles south of Columbus and I am up there often. Let me know when you guys get settled. Good excuse to fly to KOLU. ;)

Welcome to Nebraska. :D

Buy a red shirt and wear it on game day home or away. Go Big Red. :D

HA! I continue to wear my purple colors at work. Havent had too much trouble, I just make sure to keep my head low and run in a zig-zag pattern when I'm out in the open.

Last edited:
Back