What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

N145RV: First Flight

aerhed

Well Known Member
N145RV became an airplane Friday 13th. First 2 flights today of 40 min each.
My first flights in a 10 also. These things are sweet. Landings are eversoft.

Waiting for clearance
24o8xtj.jpg

nfik9j.jpg

Big Sandy 28 departure
4ijvau.jpg

nnqffd.jpg

Snug on the ramp at Pinedale
2nib42w.jpg

hey

Great job, nice plane, great panel.Seems like MGL won you over. Enjoy your plane. Not much better than having a brand new plane sitting there waiting for you and the weather getting perfect. Enjoy:)

Wow!

Congrats, Dave!!! Great job on the plane and getting her in the air. Should be a great time for many years. Stay safe and enjoy.

Congrats!! Your going to love that airplane! Like your panel as well, I think MGL makes a good product.

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good job on the fledging of your bird.

Nice panel, how about a guided tour??

nfik9j.jpg

Did you do the panel yourself?? How about the interior??

Keep on grinnin:D:D

Great 10

Saw that aircraft sitting on the ramp this morning on my way to the field, Looks cool, great job dave, makes me want one even more!!

Where are the avionics?

Unless I'm half-blind, I can't see any avionics to speak of. Are they remote and controlled by the EFIS's?

Thanks,

Righto, the AT150 & NAV 122 are actually intended to be temporary until the remote NAV & transponder are available. That section of the panel is removable. Could be repurposed or blanked with a leather panel. You can now also remote the V-10 and V-6 coms and pop up your virtual "stack" on the EFIS. A big goal for this layout was ease of use. I tried to lay it out so anyone with a little high-performance time could quickly get up to speed without too much study.

Back