What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

56cm road bike fit in RV-7/9?

alpinelakespilot2000

Well Known Member
Am looking to purchase a 56cm road bike out of town--hoping to fly to pick it up.

Can any other road bike riders out there confirm that if I pull the wheels, fork, and handlebars that the frame will fit in the baggage area? The dimensions of the frame seem to indicate I should be able to make it work with some room to spare, but I don't want to buy a bike only be surprised otherwise.

FWIW, I have a Meske tip-up slider, so I have unfettered access to the baggage area.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

Last edited:
mtn bike fits in my RV6

My medium sized mountain bike fit in the back of my RV6 if I removed the wheels-pedals and handle bars.

I now have a folding bike to make it easy and quick

I would think a road bike frame would likely fit

No problem. This is a 56cm. Like this if you want to leave the fork in. Otherwise pull the fork and it’ll fit entirely in the baggage area. Have done it both ways many times.

7A8D075C-C0B1-4166-86E9-CCA8CA51C7BA.jpeg

4E15AE6B-79F8-487F-B3FC-79A78569C4E4.jpeg

Foldable bike

Here you go. This fits in the baggage compartment without removing the wheels. Great quality bike. As good as any normal size bike i have ridden.

Attachments

• D2DB19BF-5A70-4F59-A507-8551560020A0.jpg
    D2DB19BF-5A70-4F59-A507-8551560020A0.jpg
    511.2 KB · Views: 238
Just to close out the thread. Flew down to bend, or and picked up a new-to-me 56cm road bike. Per comments in first couple posts, once fork and handlebars came off it fit no problem. I chose to go fully in baggage compartment. Thanks for the confirmation beforehand.

(And yes, I do have a folding bike... this hread was intentionally about full size road bikes)

+1

I was really glad I did the supertracks mod. It doesn't seem like it will make a totally huge difference, but when it is installed the difference can only be described as.... totally huge. Much, much easier to load gear in the back of my -9A.

Check out SuperTracks, makes a huge difference loading anything in baggage

I'm really glad that the previous owner of my -9A did that SuperTrax mod. I can't image that airplane without it. It is a brilliant addition to the -9A. I just got done installing a new ADAHRS behind the baggage wall bulkhead. I can't even imagine how I'd have gotten back there without removing the whole canopy.

Back