What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Jan 5, 2019.... Lunch New Orleans Lakefront Airport

Paul 5r4

Well Known Member
Hello everyone and Happiest New Year to all.

Me and a lady friend are planning on flying to the Lakefront Airport in New Orleans this coming Saturday for lunch. Weather is suppose to be great. We'll arrive probably about 12:15 or so. There's a nice place called Messinas, (they close at 3:00). The reviews are pretty good. It would be nice if another RVer or two showed up.... I spoke with one of the FBO's and they said if you tell ground control you want to go to Messinas, they'll put you right there at their front door. No ramp fees unless you park at one of the FBOs.

Hope to see a couple of you.

Man, I'd love to! Bit far for lunch for me though!

Landed at Lakefront a couple of years ago and didn't know about Messina's at the time. Can't wait to get back there.

Good choice,... remember some desserts must be ordered when ordering meal

When we were there about 3 years ago,... there was a door,... but you had to flag down someone at the restaurant to let you in.

While you are there,...take time to look through the old terminal, at some of the old photos and murals. When you are done, you will be ready to walk out the door and up the steps, ....into the waiting radial engine airliner,...

We'd love to fly down from Slobovia, but there's so much rain up here that I need a submarine to walk to the hangar.Pretty sure it'll be weeks before the turf is flyable.

Charlie

Back