What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Airflow Systems Air Conditioning

Geeman

Well Known Member
Airflow Systems Air Conditioning for RV-6/7/9

Has anyone installed an AC in their RV-7? I know there are a few around in the RV-10's. Looks like the only one on the market I could find is Airflow Systems. Does anyone have any experience with this company? Good or bad? If you want to discuss offline, email me at [email protected]. This thread is not to have a discussion whether you need ac or not.:)

Thanks.

Last edited:
One of the advertisers on this website (Rvtraining.com) has AC installed in his RV-7, you might try to contact him and ask.

I flew the aircraft but it was late winter and we didn't use it....

I have it. Living in AZ I wouldn't build without it. There have been some "growing pains" as the design has matured, but Bill has been FANTASTIC to work with.

I will caution that it is a bigger project from start to finish than initially appears, but flip that baby on on a hot and/or muggy day and it is priceless. Your pax, interior, and avionics will thank you.

I use it way more than I thought I would. In the Rv10 at least, the cabin is like a greenhouse even at lower OAT's, especially if the sun is on the front windshield.

Last edited:
Greg Hale has some good info and pictures over at http://www.nwacaptain.com/aircondtioning.html

I've seen the plane in person and it's pretty slick looking. He said he has no issues in the Oklahoma heat running it. He was one of the early adopters and helped refine the offering and I look forward to installing it in my project.

We hace a FlightlineAC all electric system in our -10.

Installation is much easier since you are running electrical power back the fueslage in stead of refrigerant lines. Also the condenser coil is inside the fueslage with only a louver on the side for intake air and on the bottom to let it back out which is alot lower drag penalty. We get 177-180 knots at 12 GPH above 7000 ft.

Downside is it takes quite a bit of alternator. We have a 24 volt 150 amp Planepower alternator which handles it nice but the thing cost $,$$$.$$

RV-7 Air Conditioning

Looking for someone who has an AC in their RV-7 to discuss the performance and install.

Thanks.

Back