What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

nuts

rwarre

Well Known Member
Every time I do any work on my panel and have to lay on my back while holding my head up to see the back of my connectors, I tell myself I am going to figure a better way. Still laying on my back. Anyone have a solution of holding the connector nut while screwing in the mating screw from the inside of the component tray. In this case the Garmin 430. At least one of the screws is practically impossible to see let along hold in place. Thanks for any advice.

FYI - a Plane Power alternator box is just the right height to support my head under the panel in my RV-14A. :D

Under the Panel???

You guys are crazy! Put access panels in the skin in front of the windshield. Van sell the kits just for this application!

You guys are crazy! Put access panels in the skin in front of the windshield. Van sell the kits just for this application!

I agree. If these had been available before I painted, I would have installed them. Working upside down is miserable . . . the box does help, though. :rolleyes:

Back