What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GNX 375 - PSE 8000 audio input

cgbag40

Looking for some guidance here. I am putting a PSE 8000 audio panel in and trying to decide how to handle the traffic/terrain audio on the Garmin ADSB. Com 1 is a KLX-135A, Com 2 is a KX-155. Nav 2 is the KX-155. So the question is should I put the ADSB traffic on Nav 1 so i can mute with audio panel? Or should I put on the unswitched input 1-4.

Thank you
Carlton

A follow up on what I've learned. It appears the document posted has the incorrect pin out for audio mute. That signal is on pin 15 of the J3751 connector. There is also a audio cancel on pin 37. The way it was described to me is the audio mute will only be effective for 20 seconds and the audio cancel will only negate a single event. Which is to say a traffic alert for say N12CG could be suppressed for 20 seconds with audio mute and permanently with audio cancel. In the case of back county flying then terrain would be constantly alerting the pilot for every mountain no mater which button was pushed. This just doesn't make sense to me. I cannot test as I'm not yet in phase one testing. Some guidance to the solution which is not obvious to me would be appreciated.

Back