What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Oxygen bottle holddown

Mike S

Senior Curmudgeon
As part of the getting ready for the pilgrimage tomorrow, I decided I should figure out a way to keep the portable O2 bottle secure.

I made up some brackets from (formerly) scrap alum, .040" or so, and dug a couple of hose clamps out of a box of "treasures".

Couple of slits with a drill and cutoff disk, #8 screw dimpled hole to mount it, and Ta Da:D

Quick and easy to install, or remove both the bottle itself, and the bracket if needed.

P7210038.jpg

P7210037.jpg

Thanks for looking:D

Ox tie down

Mike maybe i am a little 3 D challenged but does the ox tie down get installed?
Randy Means
N595RV
RV10 90 hours

Mike,

The weak point may be the area where you folded over the hose clamp into a very tight 180 bend. My experience has been that hose clamps don't like sharp bends...:)

Perhaps if you used a larger hose clamp all of the way around the cylinder and just threaded it through the slots in the uprights you might get a sturdy solution.

Mike maybe i am a little 3 D challenged but does the ox tie down get installed?
Randy Means
N595RV
RV10 90 hours

Not too sure what you are asking, I used a couple of the screws already in the tunnel cover to mount the strap brackets.

I wanted something that I could remove easily, as I will not be using the O2 very often.

Mike,

The weak point may be the area where you folded over the hose clamp into a very tight 180 bend. My experience has been that hose clamps don't like sharp bends...:)

Perhaps if you used a larger hose clamp all of the way around the cylinder and just threaded it through the slots in the uprights you might get a sturdy solution.

That is a concern I had too, did a test bend on a piece of excess clamp stock, and it seems to be OK---------I did not tighten up the hose clamp much, just in case it would add stress.

As mentioned above, this is not a perm installation.

Back