What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

BO parts

Ron B.

Well Known Member
Van's being so busy, I thought perhaps someone else checked to see how they are doing with back ordered parts?

Just got mine, about two months after rest of empennage kit. Took a while to get bearings in.

I just got my backordered parts last week. I was waiting on a canopy latch, wheel bearing spacers and axle nuts for an RV8. It was about 2 months after I got the finish kit.

A couple months on the Fuselage kit B/O parts. Several are back in stock but Vans says that they wait until everything is in before shipping. Apparently a bag of bushings isn't back in for a few more weeks.

Thanks guys , hopefully in a few more weeks. He switched over to working on the wings today waiting.

When there's a whole list of backordered parts, you can ask Vans to ship what they have.

I came up to the stage of the build where I needed two of the back ordered items and they happened to be available. Yes they want to wait until everything is in stock however, the parts don't do me much good sitting on the shelf at the factory. I asked for them to be sent my way. Granted I had to pay for shipping, but the parts are no longer holding up the build.

My RV8 fuselage kit was shipped in October, and I'm still waiting for a couple things. Most got shipped when I needed 2x F-804G a month ago.

Back