What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon EMS: EGT and CHT "limlited" values

High_Flyer

Well Known Member
Hello everyone.

I made my 1st flight last sunday and one of the problems I had was that I noticed that my EGT readings were all very low, around 470-475°F.

My setup is a full Dynon Skyview, including the Dynon EMS 220, aerosport IO-375-M1S engine.

I did some troubleshooting and dicovered that all 4 EGT do not go over 475°F and all 4 CHT do not go over 375°F, as if the probes were "maxed out" at those values. No further flight before this is resolved because I won't see if my temps are over the above values...

I started a thread on the Dynon forum, here is the link:
http://dynonavionics.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1496658840
Not too many replies so far.
I have also talked to Dynon support by phone, and they don't have an answer either...

Here is what I did so far:
- Checked proper probes model installed: OK
- Checked proper EMS installed (EMS 220): OK
- Checked continuity of the wires to the correct EMS pins : OK
- Checked "polarity" of the wires: OK
- Checked Gounds: OK
- Added a ground wire direct from EMS to engine block
- Verified Debug page parameters as told by Dynon support:
Volt Ref around 5V: OK
TC Offest around 0.4V : OK
Clod J around room temp : OK

So far I couldn't find the cause.
I've ordered a new EMS today, should arrive tomorrow. If it is not the EMS that's faulty then I don't know what else to do...?

Maybe one of the electronics Guru here will have a solution??
Has anyone seen this problem before??

Thank you.

Alain.

Last edited:
What were your EGT's during your engine testing? Even at idle they should have been well north of 475. Is this a new issue?

What were your EGT's during your engine testing? Even at idle they should have been well north of 475. Is this a new issue?

I didn't really pay attention during 1st engine start t be honest. I thought that on the ground at low power it was normal for the EGT to be low...

Back