What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New Skyview HDX install

Pat Stewart

Well Known Member
Installed quick panel with two HDX screens and the 2020 GPS. Working on an autopilot issue. While flying the aircraft the TRK ALT function works perfectly, the 180 function works perfectly however HSI ALT is grayed out. Checked everything we can think of but cannot find the problem. Any ideas.

Thanks

Installed quick panel with two HDX screens and the 2020 GPS. Working on an autopilot issue. While flying the aircraft the TRK ALT function works perfectly, the 180 function works perfectly however HSI ALT is grayed out. Checked everything we can think of but cannot find the problem. Any ideas.

Thanks

Ummm... do you have a flight plan active (in the Skyview)? Or a NAV input? That's about the only thing I can think of...

Last edited:
I think you have a choice, Dynon GPS or other navigation unit, for HSI. don't quote me on this, I'm still learning mine......

Setup currently shows the 2020 GPS as the nav source and also pos 1. Also when you input a direct to the magenta line pops up but it will not track.

Last edited:
Pat,
The Autopilot follows the HSI on the PFD. For the AP to follow a flight plan, the HSI must be on the correct source. I assume you are seeing the magenta line on the MAP page, but what you need to do is get it on the PFD's HSI too.

To do this, touch the box to the right of the DG until it says "SKYVIEW". You should now have the CDI needle on the DG and the AP should have HSI mode available.

The reason for this is that you can have other GPS's in the plane, or a VOR/ILS receiver, and this is how you select what the AP will follow.

Back