What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Click bond nut plates

benjam

Hi everyone,

I am trying to discern the part numbers for these nut plates for No6 and No 8 screws.

They come with the little silicone insert and you add adhesive etc, but which ones am I after?

Cheers,

Take a look at the ClickBond product catalog, nutplate section - there are a number fo choices:

https://www.clickbond.com/Uploads/SupportPDF/637570244753289397.pdf

I generally use a CB6009 for #8 nutplates - this gives a replaceable insert in case you strip the threads, and is also slightly floating to cover minor mis-alignments.

For #6 screws, I use the folded over style because that’s the only one they have for #6’s - its a CB6014.

For material, I usually get “CR” - seems to be their standard steel. So the #8’s I use are CB6009 CR 08 CRS 1

The catalog gives a good breakdown of the overall part numbers.

Click-Bond products are great. There is an almost infinite variety of hardware options. The problem is the few stocking distributors of these products have only a very limited selection. My advice would be to find 2 or 3 acceptable options and hunt around. My experience has been that the Flight Shop (www.theflightshop.com) has the best selection though by no means great.

Click-Bond products are great. There is an almost infinite variety of hardware options. The problem is the few stocking distributors of these products have only a very limited selection. My advice would be to find 2 or 3 acceptable options and hunt around. My experience has been that the Flight Shop (www.theflightshop.com) has the best selection though by no means great.

Yup - the Flightshop is actually their only “official” retailer to “civilian” GA types like us. ACS actually used to buy their stock from Flightshop. Why the Flightshop? They are located at Brigham City airport, where the ClickBond owners take their fleet of Aerostars to be serviced, and they happened to know the folks at Flightshop……

Out of curiosity how well do they hold?

i could use a couple of studs on the forward side of the firewall and it would be handy not having to drill holes and add anchornuts.

i could use a couple of studs on the forward side of the firewall and it would be handy not having to drill holes and add anchornuts.

Not as good as riveted. The major aircraft manufacturer I worked for didn't allow using them on production aircraft for that reason.

Good enough that I know for a fact that some of the CB threaded studs are orbiting other planets.

Back here on Earth...I used some of the nutplates in a few places where riveting a nutplate in place would have been generally a pain, and they've held just fine for a decade. Remember, surface prep and following the process spec is *key*. If you do a sloppy job of prep, or don't follow the instructions, well...

Last edited:
Thanks for those replies. Pretty cool to know they're "out of this world" - that will be useful for when I upgrade my IO-360 to a rocket motor. :D

Like Plehrke I prefer the knowledge things are mechanically fixed and can't move however sometimes it can make life easier if you trust technology. I have no doubt cleanliness is paramount when it comes to installation though.

Cheers Lads. :)

Earth Orbit for sure

Good enough that I know for a fact that some of the CB threaded studs are orbiting other planets.

I cannot claim extraterrestrial orbit responsibility for any click-bonds. But I'm personally responsible for putting many of them above the Karman line, and some that are still in orbit.

The key to good adhesion of click-bonds to the base material is proper bond preparation and cleaning of the surface.

Back