What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Halloween Fun

SeanB

Well Known Member
It's not a typical scene....four people in full Halloween garb, pushing an RV7 into a hangar at night fall. I'm sure if any passing traffic got a look, it caused them pause.

My girlfriend, Tracey, and I were invited to a Halloween Party this past weekend. Tracey came up with a unique idea for our costumes. Popped Eye and Olive Ghoul. Tracey is a fun and creative lady! Her ideas transformed us into quite the unique looking couple. Would you agree? :)

We also invited our friends, Ron and Sheryl, to come down and join us from Denver. Should they drive the hour or so to Colorado Springs? Heck, no! They decided to fly Ron's stunning RV7 to KFLY.

We got to the airport about 7:30 to pick them up. Thanks to Bobby Hosmer at Spring's Aviation, Ron's "Wablosa" had a safe place to spend the night.

Ron and Sheryl arrived fully decked out. Sheryl is a pro at the special effects and created quite a realistic depiction of a lady that got a bad experience with a party mask. Ron had an impressive costume of a ghost/matador looking character. Very cool! Just imagine...they arrived like this...haha!

We pushed the plane into the hangar, took some pics, then enjoyed the party.

Ron and Sheryl returned home the next day. That RV7 sure looked good taking off from KFLY. Can't wait to get in the sky with mine.

Good times! More memories.....

Ron with his awesome plane.

http://www.ronsrv7project.blogspot.com/

FP03112014A0000E.jpg

Ron and Sheryl...great costumes!

FP03112014A0000G.jpg

The ladies...looking good!

FP03112014A0000F.jpg

Tracey and I as, "Popped Eye and Olive Ghoul".

FP03112014A0000D.jpg

I'm standing in front of Ron's plane.

FP03112014A0000C.jpg

Group photo.

FP03112014A0000B.jpg

bcefhhjj.gif

back to ya my friend. what pilots will do for some fun. undisclosed pilot friend. :)

Thanks Sean, we had a great time. Definitely my first experience flying to a Halloween party! How is this for an in-flight photo??

1614456_10204151268715998_2104158533924030844_o_zps028e33cd.jpg

Last edited:
Prime example

All these photos present a classic illustration of why it's so important to eliminate that hoary old third class medical. :D

Back