What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

K&N air filter

RV7Guy

Well Known Member
Looking for the K&N air filter part number for the standard FAB for vertical induction IO360.

The filter is marked K&N but the number on it doesn't match anything. I checked Van's and the part number they list doesn't match K&N inventory.

I like to buy locally if possible but need the part number.

Thanks in advance.

K&N Filter

On the box it lists it as 33-2060 .. I would still call Vans to confirm, the box that it came in was larger than the the size of the filter. There is no markings on the filter body...

Mark C.

I think you have misread the OP. The vertical filter is the E-3450 I believe and are not so easy to find. K&N down here do not stock it at all, so we get them from Vans.

I could be wrong so double check.

If you can not get the K&N number from here, go to the K&N website and with the filter measurements get it that way.

Can't help you with the part number, but if you have an Advanced Auto Parts store near you, they will order and drop ship to your house for free. Other auto parts stores which carry K&N may do the same but I know Advanced does.

E-3450 is used on the updraft carb O-360, I doubt it is the same filter on the injection models but I've been wrong before.

Darwin:
Are you SURE there's not a number on the top of the black rubber? I needed to order a new one a few months ago and I'm pretty sure I found a number on the rubber "gasket " (the one that says "oil before use") .

Th K&N part number that I use is 33-2060. Amazon.com sells them for $36.10 with free shipping. Advance Autoparts is $49.99.

John Clark ATP, CFI
FAAST Team Representative
EAA Flight Advisor
RV8 N18U "Sunshine"
KSBA

There is

Darwin:
Are you SURE there's not a number on the top of the black rubber? I needed to order a new one a few months ago and I'm pretty sure I found a number on the rubber "gasket " (the one that says "oil before use") .

Bob,

There is a number on it but it has nothing to do with part number. The guy at the auto parts store said it looks like a production lot number. It does not match anything in the K&N line.

I looks like the E-3450 is the one. I'll be searching one out locally.

I didn't need one immediately but will replace before my Summer travels. I just completed the Condition Inspection and cleaned and oiled the existing filter.

Just being proactive. Thanks everyone. Hope this helps other as well.

Last edited:
Back