What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Throttle quadrant in center console RV7

jibby212

Well Known Member
I did some of my flight training in a Piper Sport Cruiser which is my favorite plane that I have flown to date, never been in an RV yet. I like the center console mount Throttle quadrant and I am planning on doing some right seat flying. I was always planning on putting a quadrant in my RV7 but the added time and narrow cabin have me thinking otherwise. I have just received my finishing kit so the time is fast aproaching to make a decision. I am looking for a narrow 2 lever (fixed pitch) console mount quadrant. I see the side mount models available for the RV8, maybe it could be easily modified to mount in a flush console. I also tossed around the idea of a single lever quadrant and the mixture in the standard location but that might not be so good when full rich and full throttle are needed. My main question here is if anybody knows of a good, very narrow quadrant that is good for left or right hand operaton that can be mounted in a flush center console.

You'll likely regret installing that quadrant the first time you have to crawl under the panel :eek:

Center Quadrant

I have a two-lever quadrant that was in an RV-9A. It is the Van's CT82F Deluxe quadrant with a fabricated bracket for center mounting. It includes cables for an O-320 E2D engine plus all mounting hardware. You can have it all for $150.00 plus shipping. PM for pics.

You'll likely regret installing that quadrant the first time you have to crawl under the panel :eek:

Or the panel can be made modular so most wiring and servicing can be done when sitting upright in the seats. Bevan.

jqniug.jpg

Last edited:
I have a center mounted quadrant in my RV-7A. It's an RV-10 three lever quadrant and I love it even though I did have to crawl under the panel a couple of times.

Dan

I've got an Andair 3 lever quadrant. Wouldn't dream of changing it. And I've just redone the panel. No problem at all. I just took out the passenger stick.

Put one in my -9. One of the best mods I did.

Check out my website for details or use the search function, lots of pictures will come up.

Back