What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Need CFI with experience in RV-6A in Seattle

DylanRush

Hey friends,

I just bought an RV-6A. I'm a PPL with 320 hours in Cessnas, Pipers and a little Diamond. I need a CFI to help me train/check out my new plane. The airplane is in Seattle, currently hangared at S50 but it will be moved to KPAE by the end of the month.

Dylan

I highly recommend Mike Seager. I flew with him before flying my RV-4. He has tons of experience and is very calm in any situation. He's been doing this long enough that you can't do anything he hasn't seen before.

The only draw back is that his schedule is packed and you have to plan ahead to get on it. That and Vernonia is a little remote. Fun drive though.

Another choice?

Hey friends,

I just bought an RV-6A. I'm a PPL with 320 hours in Cessnas, Pipers and a little Diamond. I need a CFI to help me train/check out my new plane. The airplane is in Seattle, currently hangared at S50 but it will be moved to KPAE by the end of the month.

Dylan
Another RV-6A transition trainer, Brian Montenich, was listed for yrs, flies his own RV-6A, from PTTD (Portland Troutdale). I did transition with him in 2017, in February and the Density Altitudes were in the minus range (-1500 one morning) at McMinnville.

I ended up flying with Brian and it was great. I flew my own plane down after a couple hours of transition training and an endorsement from my kind seller (also a CFI). Brian also showed me his RV and the elaborate setup he and his hangar partner have for stowing two RV-6s in one hangar. Great guy and he made me feel much more confident about my plane.

Back