What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

HS411

The Swede

IMG_0953_zpsbe8ba90b.jpg

Been trying to find a thread to answer the following dilemma with limited success.
Found some note on the drawing regarding this HS411 bearing/bushing.
Can I leave it as is or do I have to change it to a VA 146?

Rgds Carl

Bearing

Hi

The bearing needs to be the correct one called for on the plans. The elevators are positioned out from this so if its not the correct size the elevators will be either too far in or out.

If your elevators fit correctly with what you have it may be ok.

Carl

If you trust a Norwegian .. ;-) ... On my RV6 that I have been building for way longer than I care to remember - VAN supplied the bushing type in your picture when the price was going way up on the bearing type - I have some notes on this in my kit .. You can argue that its "better" to have the bearing type as with the bushing type - you are turning the bolt in the bush - as suppose to clamping up and turning the bearing .... I have never seen a recall or any notice form VAN saying not to use the bush type ... If it was me ... I would replace it with the bearing type .. but maybe that is why I am still building !! :) ..

Of cource I trust a country neighbour, used to live in Bergen:)
And thanks for info, I like things like this to be tight and nice so I just change to the bearing then.

/ Carl

Back