What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Is Crow Still in Business

mfleming

Well Known Member
Patron
Is Crow Still in Business EDIT: Yes They Are!

I'm gearing up to order seat belts and I can't find Crow's website or phone number.

I see ACS still has them but some of the colors are missing which leads me to believe they are just selling off their stock.

As an aside Hooker's website is way out of date, 2012 Price sheets :eek:

Anyway... Since I'm asking...

1. Are the rotary buckles worth it? Quite the upgrade in price if going Hooker.
  2. What side do I want the rotary buckle? Inboard or outboard?
  3. Can you get the Hooker's without lap pads?
  4. What size webbing do I want, or does it matter when you have pads?
  5. Are Hooker Harnesses more expensive because you get what you pay for ;)

EDIT: Crow responded with an Email when asked if they were still in business.

"Yes we are
Our website is being updated and should back online in 36 hours. Sorry for the inconvenience"

***Crow's website is back up and running!***

Last edited:
Very strange Michael - I have been using Crow’s for years, and never had an issue - but prompted by your post, I tried to go to their website, and it appears to be gone. Perhaps they are using the weekend to do maintenance on it?

At any rate, I went to teh Wayback machine and got this phone number:

I’d have to go dig through files to find an invoice from them to confirm, but it might be a way to get them.....

Very strange Michael - I have been using Crow’s for years, and never had an issue - but prompted by your post, I tried to go to their website, and it appears to be gone. Perhaps they are using the weekend to do maintenance on it?

At any rate, I went to teh Wayback machine and got this phone number:

I’d have to go dig through files to find an invoice from them to confirm, but it might be a way to get them.....

I fear the worse... I found their Facebook page and the last post was Oct 2020. The phone number listed on the FB page was (725) 726-7432. When called it doesn't identify itself and say's it can't take messages....

Bummer :confused:

Well, if anyone has some responses to the above questions....I'm all ears.

PS, the 1-888 number listed above asked if I'm over 55 for a special promotion :D
(but doesn't identify itself either)

Hello Michael,

I'm really satisfied with the Crow harnesses...well made and priced right. I went with the rotary style (not that much more with Crow, IIRC) as they're what I'm used to from my ground-bound SCCA days.

The rotary buckles will be to the right side of each seat. Definitely go with the 5-points...that crotch strap will help keep your head from hitting the canopy in heavy turbulence.

I hope Crow is still in business. Please update the thread when you find out.

Edit: I was typing as you made your last post....doesn't sound good. :(

Last edited:
This is interesting. I just spoke with them this past week on the phone with a few questions about my harness. No hint of anything amiss.

I am a big fan of rotary buckles of any (quality) type and happy to no longer be fumbling with those old tab-through-multiple-slots-then-into-the buckle and push down the latch.... bleah. Mine are Schroth and I'd probably be looking for a different brand next time based on longevity and price (housings cracked at 1200 hrs and expensive to fix). But they are nice and lightweight and low-profile. And used on Crew Dragon :D

I hope they are still in business because they just charged my credit card :)

Expecting my set of harnesses on Wednesday.

Good News...

Just received an email reply from Crow.
My email asked if they were still in business due to the web and phone not working.

Here's there reply:

"Yes we are
Our website is being updated and should back online in 36 hours. Sorry for the inconvenience
"

Great, now I know where my harness will come from :D

Last edited:
I have newer Crow Kam Locks and I love them! Now I have never been in a Hooker harness before but I seriously doubt they are that much if any better than the Crows to warrant the price increase. The Crow's are seriously nice!

I have newer Crow Kam Locks and I love them! Now I have never been in a Hooker harness before but I seriously doubt they are that much if any better than the Crows to warrant the price increase. The Crow's are seriously nice!
I believe Hooker and Crow are priced competitively to each other. Hooker gives you all the padding where as with Crow is more of ala carte.

Whew!! I’d hate to see them go away!

Paul

icon14.gif
I'm ordering my harness now.

Is there any pros/cons between Crow and Hooker harnesses beside the color choices?

Glad they're still around too. I'm hoping to be a customer of theirs when it comes time for harnesses. With that said, Hooker Harness is also a very good option. They're more expensive, but never seen an opinion on if they're worth the extra cost.

Shoulder pads

Getting ready to order. Are the shoulder pads worth it for some who doesn’t do aerobatics?

Webb, I have had Hookers with shoulder pads, and replaced due to age with Crow no shoulder pads. I notice no difference.

I can't think of a reason I'd ever want to add pads to my Crow harness. I did replace my older-style rotary Crow cam lock with their newer-style lever cam-lock. I like the lever-style better than the rotary knob. I was having trouble inserting the buckles into the rotary, and feel that I get a less positive grip on the knob, especially if the hands are slippery at all.

Attachments

• rotary1.png
    rotary1.png
    267.3 KB · Views: 82
  • lever.png
    lever.png
    316 KB · Views: 72
Customer Support

Crow has AMAZING customer support. Products are very nice as well. Happy customer with multiple dealings.

Back