What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Eagle's Nest Projects - Central HS (WI) - Tyler Moats 1st Solo Flight

Special Delivery

Well Known Member
Eagle's Nest Projects - Central High School (WI)
November 14, 2019

Tyler Moats - 1st Solo Flight

After about 19 hours of flying, I (finally) soloed. All around, it was a pretty cool experience. I did a few takeoffs and landings with my instructor and then he hopped out and it was all me. The solo wasn?t too bad... it was a little bumpy but nothing to complain about. However, it felt pretty great to know that I had the skills to operate an aircraft and the confidence to actually do it. Now that I?m done with my solo I can?t wait to pursue and eventually get my license. -Tyler

image7-L.jpg

Additional remarks -

- Dan Lund (Tyler's Flight Instructor)
It wasn?t really the best day for a solo flight. Winds were a little gusty and were a solid 7 to 8 knot crosswind. But due to some bad weather and other complications that had delayed us a couple of weeks I knew Tyler was more than ready. I took him around the pattern a couple of times and noticed how comfortable he felt in the airplane despite the bumps and crosswinds. Tyler went around the pattern a few times and did a great job. Despite the winter conditions approaching here in Wisconsin we hope to get his Private Pilot training done by early spring. Congrats Tyler!... now back to work.

-Jim Senft (Program Director-Wisconsin Eagle?s Nest)
Tyler is an ?interesting? student. Everyone who knows Tyler is laughing right now. He is an extremely smart and comical person. He can make me laugh in all situations? After I am done laughing? ?Tyler, that?s inappropriate? are my next words. Tyler is truly an outstanding student. I am pleased to have known Tyler for the last three years. The day he soloed, I arrived at the airport for a flight and I was surprised to see a crowd of people standing around the plane. His parents, siblings, grandparents, etc? not sure who was all there. As I got out of my car, I heard Mr. Dan Lund state? We got another solo. It was a great surprise. Nice job Tyler.

Back