What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Mannan Thomason

Allen231ah

Well Known Member
It is with a heavy heart to bring the news that my best friend Mannan Thomason past away last Thursday after a lengthy illness . I will miss the trips we took together and the hanger flying . Mannan was a great man that was loved by many . Blue sky's and tail winds my friend . For those who wish to leave a word of encouragement to Mannans wife Becky you can do so at http://www.whitfieldfuneralhomes.com/home/index.cfm/obituaries/view/fh_id/10585/id/3750827

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh no. I am so sorry to hear this. I met Mannan at SNF a few years ago. What a nice guy and answered all the questions I had. I wish I had known he was sick. Blue skys ahead my friend.

Terrible news indeed. I didn't realize he was ill. I met Mannan several times and corresponded with him via email. Good guy. We'll miss you Mannan!

I never met Mannan but we communicated extensively via email. He asked me a lot of questions when he painted his RV8 in Mig style. I corrected some of his cyrillic interpretations. Good man Mannan rest in piece.

So sorry to hear this. I literally met Mannan in the sky. Saw an RV 8, and joined up on him in my 8. (Safely of course) Got to know him on the ground at Habersham airport. What a great guy.

So sorry to hear this!

Mannan befriended me on my first trip to Osh.

One of the nicest people I have ever met in this hobby!

Sad to hear this. Exchanged a few emails with him over the years and he was always so friendly and positive. Just seemed like a very fine fellow.

Some customers make an impression on you and you feel like they're really just old friends. Mannan was one of these. He was a wonderful person and will be missed. :(

We met Mannan at Habersham airport on our way to Oshkosh about four years ago. Found out he wintered just up the road from where we live in Stuart, Fl. He slowed down to fly with us doing loops and rolls around us. Great guy he will be missed. Btw we used to call him Vlad due to his paint job.

I'm very sad to learn that this great guy has gone. Mannan and I had several very enjoyable conversations at OSH over the years. He'll be missed at our annual RV-8 builder/flyers meetings at the Theatre in the Woods.

Mannon...Sarge

Fly High old friend...you were an inspiration when I met you & Jim Tatum up at Habersham while building Miss Sandy.

I never knew Mannan, and wish I'd had a chance to meet him.

I'd bet he would really appreciate it if someone would spell his last name correctly. It's Thomason, not Thomanson. Sorry to be so picky!:D

[Just now noticed this and corrected it. s/rv7boy, one of the mods, 11/16/17]

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been upside down with home renovations and trips the last couple of weeks and just saw this. I feel a huge sense of loss with this news. Mannan and I had similar medical problems and surgery quite close together some 3+ years ago; I was just far enough ahead of him that I was able to provide some advice and counsel based on my fresh experience. Although I never met him in person, he was a real gentleman to correspond with. Last I heard from him his recovery was complete and he was doing well, and invited me to drop in on him in Florida. I feel like we shared a bond and feel great sadness tonight. Rest well, Mannan.

Wow, so sad. Mannan I were pretty good friends as e shared notes during building, and went to many local fly-ins.

I will miss him

Back