What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Space for project

bret

Well Known Member
Hey honey, can I put this here while I paint the other one?

DSC02752.jpg

Love it Bret!

You have some serious painting skills man. Might I recommend you incorporate, buy a hanger and start a business! Looks good. Can't wait to see the finished product.

There is only 30 Hrs in this wing. I am still learning and I think anyone can do this, my mistake was praticing-learning with 600.00 a gallon paint. my wife must love me :)

Paint job costs:
Pierre is correct for sure on keeping the cost under 10k. I have a friend that flew his to a popular paint shop in the midwest somewhere just for a paint job to save 5k. Travel ate some of the savings up but he was still way ahead.

Bret's paint job design looks Great! Good job.

Looks awesome! If your wife kicks it out of the house, I'll hang it on the wall at my office for a while!

Try using software

Bret,

Have a look at this

http://www.airplanecolor.com/

It works great and you can see what it will look like on the plane at different angles and the like.

I am designing mine on the foundation of a vintage racing ferrari. With my own symbol in the Yellow shield (scoprion) etc.

Was going to do the gear with the same design as the prop, still not sure about that.

Myplane.png

I had a look on your site and its a great builders site but was surprised that you were using a different plane to do the paint design work.

Hopefully this can help you.

Ya we were just looking for a pattern idea, My wife free hand drew the full size pattern.

Back