What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Weather/traffic not working on Garmin G3X/375

F1 Rocket

Well Known Member
When I originally got my system up running and flying late last year I was reliably receiving weather and traffic. Now it seems that I am missing some traffic alerts and the WX page always displays waiting for data.. I first noticed the traffic situation in April after I updated the 375 to software version 3.10. At the time I didn’t think it was odd that there wasn’t so much traffic because most of the local flight schools had closed because of the stupid virus. I just thought “well... not many people flying these days“. I’ve since noticed that I have visually spotted aircraft that do not show up on screen. I honestly don’t use the WX feature much so it was only on a recent cross country that I noticed that it wasn’t working at all. I spoke with Garmin’s tech support today. We went over my settings and everything was as it should be. Garmin is not aware of any systemic issue. The ground station reception looks good .ATC receives my data fine. PAPR is good. Everything is good except not everything works.

Last edited:
Hey F1 Rocket,
Did you ever get that figured out for your G3X?

I’ve lost the weather in mine. Not all of the weather, and the traffic seems to be depicting accurate. I am still picking up radar and Notams via the FIS-B connection….everything else is vacant. Hmmm.

Best wishes,
Ruple

First time uploading a picture.. here it goes

Ruple

Attachments

• 883E6544-D4A4-4F71-8DBF-93051579ADE2.jpg
    883E6544-D4A4-4F71-8DBF-93051579ADE2.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 78
Had a similar issue with my 355/g3x combo. Slightly different in that the 355 would display “ latched” as message immediately becoming airborne for the traffic. Repeated calls to Garmin ultimately yielded the answer. Remove two previous updates. We did and all is well.

Might be worth a call to ask.

Back