What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

FREE Builder / Maintenance Books

Randle

Well Known Member
Ok, so I have been meaning to make this post for quite some time and just have not had the chance to gather everything to put it out there. For every builder/owner/AMT out there, it is a recommendation (I consider it a requirement) to have a few text?s available during your build/maintenance to reference and use to educate yourself on the building and inspection techniques we need to be successful as builders/maintainers. Some of these texts regularly quoted on VAF are the AC 43.13-1B, and Bob Nuckolls ?AeroElectric Connection?. I have a couple more to add, and if you are like most of us ?picture required for complete understanding? you will love them. They are the books that the FAA put out for AMT?s to use for A&P studying material. They redid them last year and I must say they did a very nice job. There are even pictures of our Beautiful RV?s in there. They also included our modern day EFIS?s, FADEC, and a LSA powerplant?s. Most of the illustrations are recent or 3D CADD images of assemblies in split or exploded view for better understanding of the assemblies. These manuals can be purchased through amazon, or our favorite magazines in paper or electronic copy, but here is the best part, they can be downloaded FOR FREE from the following FAA website.
http://www.faa.gov/regulations_policies/handbooks_manuals/aircraft/

You will want the 3 Downloads that look like this half way down the screen. The airframe and 2 powerplant books.

Aviation Maintenance Technician Handbook-Airframe 2012
FAA-H-8083-32, Aviation Maintenance Technician Handbook-Powerplant Volume 1 (PDF, 45.83 MB) 2012
FAA-H-8083-32, Aviation Maintenance Technician Handbook-Powerplant Volume 2 (PDF, 34.67 MB) 2012

AampPimage_zps5653254f.png

Back