What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV12 ADSB circuit

GatorsR1

Well Known Member
Patron
Running through PAP & readying for first flight of 120764 (N754RC).
Only issue so far was the ADSB IN module (AV-SV-ADSB-472) was inop.
After checking for continuity in the wire harness between -472 and AV-50000A and finding nothing amiss, I checked the fuse continuity and it was blown (or bad?).
Well that sure was a DOH moment (should've done that first!).
Replaced the 2A GPS/ADSB fuse and all seems well (-472 indicator light now on & green).
Now pondering what may have caused it and what all is on that fuse in case it blows again.
It looks like the ADSB IN & GPS ADSB OUT circuit is kind of an outlier on the wiring diagram?
Not directly powered by the battery like the other 11 fuses but powered thru the COMM switch?
If anybody has any knowledge of that circuit, I'd sure appreciate it.

Bingo!

Van's got back to me & verified the “Com” circuit is the source for the GPA/ADSB power.
Tony at Tech Support mentioned that the only other device on the circuit is the ELT and maybe I blew the fuse while working on the ELT connector.

The ACK E-04 connector was very difficult (for me) to solder & assemble so I bet that is the source of the issue/short. Will examine it closely before reconnecting.

Back