What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Brake reservoir fitting

Arie

Well Known Member
Good day RV friends
Can anyone tell me if the T fitting is the correct part to use to screw into the brake reservoir, for the brake lines to fit into. It was in the same bag as the rest of the brake line fittings ,therefore my assumption. It doesn’t give me a warm and fuzzy feeling that there might be chance of the brake line coming loose, and spilling all the brake fluid on my feet. It’s also not like the part depicted in the plans.

Attachments

• F8FA99BE-7EE4-408E-9546-4F9C91B51592.jpg
    F8FA99BE-7EE4-408E-9546-4F9C91B51592.jpg
    296.9 KB · Views: 192
That T-fitting looks more like it's made for air pressure lines (static, pitot, AOA) and not for brake fluids.

It would be an good idea to get a part that, at least, looks like the one depicted in the plans for that application... I think.

Last edited:
Here's a pic of the T-fitting that attaches to an RV7's brake reservoir from the web. Mine is the same.

Attachments

• 5-brake-reservoir-fitting.jpg
    5-brake-reservoir-fitting.jpg
    396.4 KB · Views: 222
This is now the standard fitting for the low pressure reservoir side of RV brake systems.

FWIW having seen these used extensively in industrial settings they’d probably be fine for the high pressure side too.

black fittings work fine

I used one of the black ones instead of the old brass fitting at the bottom low pressure side of my brake master cylinder and it worked perfectly. I expect the one you pictured will work fine.

Mine has the white or opaque coloured fitting hanging off the res, looks agricultural but works fine.

I’m replacing my original leaky Tee with the “new” style shown above. Anyone know if the lines are the same? I just want to plug and play the new Tee without swapping out the lines.

Back