What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rv10 transatlantic flight?

Weefle

Well Known Member
Just curious if anyone has completed a transatlantic flight from Canada to Europe in an RV 10? Is it possible without major mods like extra fuel tanks etc.
Canada-Greenland-Iceland-Faroe islands-Outer Hebrides-Ireland or Scotland cruise around Europe then head back.
I know weather including icing, winds etc would all have to be factored in.

Just dreaming.....for now.

I've done it in an RV-8 with standard tanks; an RV-10 should have no problems.

Weather, planning and time of year are most important considerations.

I'm happy to fill in detail if you have particular questions.

Transatlantic Flight

Wow - this thread has brought back some great memories. Thanks for posting the link Vlad - I've been transported back looking at the pictures! Can't believe it's been 2 years ago already... I'd love to do another one when the world gets back to normal. Maybe we could get a group together :)

Thanks for the PM Jim...I’ll be in contact soon.
My wife is really pumped about the idea as well. So I’m hoping 2 peeps full standard tanks, life raft, survival suits and some luggage will keep me under gross. I could take the rear seats out if need be. I’d be game for a group fly but won’t be ready for a few years yet.

Keith

We’re in!

This sounds like an incredible adventure. if there is a group that would like to do this we are in!

Here’s a thought.

If you are interested PM me your contact info and perhaps we can communicate as a group in the coming days and see if this dream can be a reality.

For me I’m thinking around mid 2024 or mid 2025 as summer seems to be the ideal time. If there is a group that wants to go earlier that’s great too....we can learn from each other.

Keith

Back